Windows 10: Win10 randomly cropped and sometimes changes my personal background image

Discus and support Win10 randomly cropped and sometimes changes my personal background image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I've read the other questions where users have had Fit/Fill/Center etc user confusion, and issues with the Windows provided generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewG21, Jan 28, 2021.

1. AndrewG21 Win User

Win10 randomly cropped and sometimes changes my personal background image

Hi all,

I've read the other questions where users have had Fit/Fill/Center etc user confusion, and issues with the Windows provided generic backgrounds. But I can't find any info regarding my experience.

I have saved only 1 personal photo as a desktop background. Since the photo resolution is higher than the screen resolution, I selected Fill under "Choose a fit" to see the entire photo. Of the 5 images in "Choose your picture", it was the only personal image, alongside 4 other Win provided backgrounds. That worked fine for quite a while. The past many months, Win10 cropped my personal photo and changed that as the background without my input. "Choose your picture" options changed to 3 Win images, the 1 full-sized original personal image, and 1 cropped version of my personal image. I have to select my original photo at least once a week because Win changes it to the cropped version...NEVER the other 3 Win stock photos. I tried saving the full sized image under 5 different names to populate the "Choose your picture" with just my image, and it *still* randomly set a cropped version of my photo...and replaced one of the 5 image options with that crop.

What's going on? How do I tell Win10 to leave it alone? Can that be done without messing with the registry??

Thanks,

Andy

:)

AndrewG21, Jan 28, 2021

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Change Background Image Lockscreen

Dear,

Since today I cannot change the background image of my lockscreen on my Nokia Lumia 520.
    Normally when you tap change photo you can scroll through pictures and select one by tapping to crop it the way you want to use as your background image on your lockscreen. But now when I tap "change picture" I can scroll through my background images but
    when I try to select one by tapping it, it just takes me back to the settings without giving me the option to crop the image and without changing my lockscreen background image... I know how to do it because it used to work, but now it odesn't anymore. I've
    been trying to change it for a whole day and I've restarted my Windows 8 Phone several times during this process... Any ideas? It's rather unpleasant... Thanks in advance.

ArneFigoureux, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Lex Del Win User

Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 randomly cropped and sometimes changes my personal background image - Similar Threads - Win10 randomly cropped

2. WHY is my Win10 background not changing???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY is my Win10 background not changing???: I set my Win10 background to change every hour. IT DOESN'T!!!I even tried every minute - IT DOESN'T!!Pretty basic thing to be broken.I have auto updates to Win 10 turned on. It worked fine for a long time, then yesterday I selected a new folder, and the background never...
  3. WHY is my Win10 background not changing???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY is my Win10 background not changing???: I set my Win10 background to change every hour. IT DOESN'T!!!I even tried every minute - IT DOESN'T!!Pretty basic thing to be broken.I have auto updates to Win 10 turned on. It worked fine for a long time, then yesterday I selected a new folder, and the background never...
  4. WHY is my Win10 background not changing???

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Images are not displaying on my desktop background personalization. It's just a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images are not displaying on my desktop background personalization. It's just a black screen: Personalization of my desktop background isn't working. Images aren't displaying; it's just a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-are-not-displaying-on-my-desktop-background/405d688e-d46f-4144-82b6-0d514b917a4b
  6. Lockscreen background randomly changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen background randomly changes: I have tried to search for an answer for this before and have not found one. Apparently this has been a problem for a while for many people. My setting is set to picture, not windows spotlight, not slideshow and yet every time I restart there is a chance the background will...
  7. Lockscreen background randomly changes

Lockscreen background randomly changes: I have tried to search for an answer for this before and have not found one. Apparently this has been a problem for a while for many people. My setting is set to picture, not windows spotlight, not slideshow and yet every time I restart there is a chance the background will...
  8. Background image changes to image not on my PC

Background image changes to image not on my PC: My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS...
  9. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly: I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times in a short time. Three times in one hour, twice within 3 hours, etc. At least twice, and perhaps more times, the...