Windows 10: Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

Discus and support Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisBertolini, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is a Dell Opti7050 64-bit machine and has 3 screens/monitors. On my client machine screen I can Alt+Tab between all remote program windows with no issues.

I have some programs running on the remote that pop up a box for program specific tools. The popup boxes appear on other remote screens and are not separate windows. I cannot see or access those boxes from my client's single monitor screen.

Any ideas on how to see all three remote screens on the client's single monitor?

Thanks very much!

Chris Bertolini

:)

ChrisBertolini, Jul 24, 2020

2. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is a Dell Opti7050 64-bit machine and has 3 screens/monitors. On my client machine screen I can Alt+Tab
    between all remote program windows with no issues.

I have some programs running on the remote that pop up a box for program specific tools. The popup boxes appear on other remote screens and are not separate windows. I cannot see or access those boxes from my client's single monitor screen.

Any ideas on how to see all three remote screens on the client's single monitor?

Thanks very much!

Chris Bertolini

ChrisBertolini, Jul 27, 2020
  3. FFC10831 Win User
    Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local monitor, the RDP resizes and squeezes the two RDP monitors onto one local monitor.... it should just slide
    over and keep the same RDP size.

It worked perfectly until I hit some hot button and changed the settings... don't know what I did or how to restore.

FFC10831, Jul 27, 2020
  4. FFC10831 Win User

Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

Thanks for the response, my resolutions setting and drivers are good. Displays were working correctly until I hit a couple of keys that made it change (I probably hit the ctrl or fn key and a letter).

The issue is that when I move my RDP window from my two monitors to one monitor, it resizes the RDP display to show two RDP monitors on my one local monitor. What is should do is simply slide over and not resize.

Please advise.

FFC10831, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

1. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors - Similar Threads - Win10 RDP monitor

2. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  3. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  4. Multiple Monitors in RDP ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Monitors in RDP ?: Hi Whether the number of locally attached monitors affects the number of monitors attached via rdp ? I have 3 monitors locally, but only one works via RDP. Both systems are Windows 10 172192
  5. RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors: I have a new windows laptop running 10 Pro and I want to remote in to my PC which has 3 monitors and I want to be able to switch between each of the monitors on my PC. How do I switch between them? NOTE: My IT did setup my laptop with a docking station that has 3 monitors...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  7. Two external monitors on one laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two external monitors on one laptop: Hi all! I am using my laptop for work and have been using an external monitor with it as well. I would like to add an additional. I have two ports, a VGA and an HDMI but windows will only allow me to output to one. Is there any way for me to "output" one screen but have my...
  8. Running one monitor two machines

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Running one monitor two machines: I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one...
  9. Running one monitor two machines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running one monitor two machines: I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one...
  10. Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor: I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local monitor, the RDP resizes and squeezes the two RDP monitors onto one local monitor.... it should just slide over and keep the...