Windows 10: Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails

Discus and support Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Before a recent hardware upgrade (mobo, cpu) I read through this article :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by personneedshelp_1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails

Before a recent hardware upgrade (mobo, cpu) I read through this article : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

My activation status was listed as "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

The article claims you can reactivate using the activation troubleshooter with that status. After the hardware change I attempted to use the activation troubleshooter, and used the "I changed hardware on this device recently" option, but my machine was not listed in the options. Strangely, the only machine that was listed was my surface pro, which doesn't show up in my devices when I log into microsoft.com. The device I'm trying to reactivate IS listed in my devices on microsoft.com.

I tried phone support but the guy went immediately to, "... you need a product key ...", and never asked about my account. This is from an update copy of windows 7 as far as I can remember and I think it's unlikely I'll find the product key.

The article doesn't mention the possibility that the troubleshooter might not work, which seems like an oversight when the result of a troubleshooter failure could force the user to spend a couple hundred bucks.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

:)

personneedshelp_1, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Jack_924 Win User
    Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate,
    and has the error code 0xC004F025, and when I try to troubleshoot it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

My Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7.

Jack_924, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it
    won't reactivate, and has the error code 0xC004F213, and when I try to troubleshoot it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."Try again lateTry again lateTry again late but not reactivate till now my Microsoft
    accont also correct.

mahijitsingh and i want to activate my windiw, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails

1. Win10 reactivation after hardware change fails - Similar Threads - Win10 reactivation hardware

2. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after hardware change: Hello. before I changed my pc parts, I linked my device with my microsoft account. Now when I try to use the feature "reactivation after hardware change", it says:"Unable to activate Windows. We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  3. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivation after hardware change: Hello. before I changed my pc parts, I linked my device with my microsoft account. Now when I try to use the feature "reactivation after hardware change", it says:"Unable to activate Windows. We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  4. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM on my computer, and replaced my HDD with an SDD a few weeks earlier. Since the latest change, I see a watermark on my screen telling me to activate windows. When I try the troubleshooter and tell it I upgraded the hardware, it...
  5. Reactivating fails after hardware change

Reactivating fails after hardware change: I changed out my motherboard and RAM due to my motherboard starting to die and spit out errors, and it was time for an upgrade anyways. Before I went through with the upgrade I made sure my Windows Activation was connected to my Microsoft account using the instructions here:...
  6. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I have the 0xC004F213 error when I want to activate my product. I recently build a new PC because my old one died and thats waht I get. I don't have a product key, I've bought that almost 5 years ago and it's just lost. Is there any possibilty to reactivate it?...
  7. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I changed hardware(Motherboard and CPU) and want to reactivate windows but it wont work. I do have a retail version and made sure my account was linked to my digital license so as to avoid any issues for reactivation. I tried to contact Microsoft support twice to...
  8. reactivation after hardware change

reactivation after hardware change: I had to basicaly rebuild my pc after it broke so pretty much a new system. I tried reactivating it and went through the troubleshooter but it won't reactivate is ther anything else i coud try?...
  9. Windows 10 failed to reactivate after changing hardware

Windows 10 failed to reactivate after changing hardware: I recently bought a new SSD and reinstalled the windows 10 on it, the previous one was then formatted. After the settlement of the Windows set up, I found that my windows have failed to be activated automatically. As I was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 long time ago,...
  10. Reactivating after a hardware change

Reactivating after a hardware change: just upgraded my motherboard and processer and now I cant reactivate windows jus get the following message error code 0xc004c003 Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. anyone know what I need to do to fix this...