Windows 10: win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license

Discus and support win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi all I rebuilt my desktop PC with new components because everything in it was 8 years old and couldn't keep up. Before the rebuild I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by portol_317, Dec 21, 2020.

1. win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license

hi all

I rebuilt my desktop PC with new components because everything in it was 8 years old and couldn't keep up.

Before the rebuild I had a perfectly good copy of Windows 10 Pro that I got via the Win7 to Win 10 upgrade offer and it is tied to my account so the digital license is there in my account.

After the rebuild, when I try to reactivate my license, it fails.

I already went through a few guides by microsoft on how to fix this like this one:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reactivating-windows-10-after-a-hardware-change-2c0e962a-f04c-145b-6ead-fb3fc72b6665

Here is what I have done so far:

I am Administrator.

Settings --> try to activate windows 10, fails with error0x803F9000

Troubleshooting link --> 'I recently changed hardware on this device' --> It asks me to select device from below, and I can see my old computer name there --> I check the box that says 'This is the device I am using at the moment' --> click on the activate button. It just errors out saying 'Unable to activate Windows'

:)

portol_317, Dec 21, 2020

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Dec 21, 2020
  4. win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license

reactivate windows 10 digital license

Trying to reactivate windows 10 digital license after hardware change and it keeps saying "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again. "

I linked the account to the digital license before hardware changes.

I checked windows license before change and it said it was retail version.

Is there a reason it keeps saying the servers are busy? I can still log into my account.

homeless195, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license

1. win10 reactivation won't recognize my digital license - Similar Threads - win10 reactivation won't

2. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license: Hello, I have an unactivated Windows 10 on my PC. I bought Windows 10/11 on the Microsoft website not a 3rd party seller and as I understand it I should have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. When I check the activation settings, it seems as if I haven't...
  3. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license: Hello, I have an unactivated Windows 10 on my PC. I bought Windows 10/11 on the Microsoft website not a 3rd party seller and as I understand it I should have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. When I check the activation settings, it seems as if I haven't...
  4. Unactivated windows 10 won't recognize digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating windows with a digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating windows with a digital license: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  6. Reactivating windows with a digital license

Reactivating windows with a digital license: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  7. Reactivating windows with a digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?

Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?: Hey, I wanted to ask how it is with digital licenses of Windows 10. On my account I have an active license. Now I want to use a new system. Do I have to "deactivate" Windows 10 on my old computer to make it run on the new one? Digitale Windows 10 Lizenz? "Reaktivieren"?
  9. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram

Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram: Hello, I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows on this...
  10. Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license

Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license: Hi, I have received a digital upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Home and have the copy on my VM. Now I want to transfer it to my physical machine, but am not able to activate the license. I get error code 0x803FA067. How can I successfully activate my windows? Thanks!...