Windows 10: Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it

Discus and support Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a major problem and every solution I have checked out on many sites do not work. My recycle bin won't let me recycle anything. [img] The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Angbo0m, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Angbo0m Win User

Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it

I have a major problem and every solution I have checked out on many sites do not work. My recycle bin won't let me recycle anything.

Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it [​IMG]

The only clue I have is that my Avira told me that my download of Monopoly had something bad in it so I tried to see for myself in Sandboxie. Then after closing out Sandboxie I deleted Monopoly installer but it seems that it screwed up my recycle bin.

I later noticed this so I don't know how that happened. I made a test file to get this to show again and took a screenshot:

Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it [​IMG]

It seems it is hung up on the one file that does not exist anymore and I can't get past it. Rebooting it did not fix it and neither did running any run commands such as rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin.

System File Checker found nothing to fix.

I am at a loss at knowing what to do to fix this.

Help? Please?

:)

Angbo0m, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Wungraileng Vashi Win User
    Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Trixie Mop Win User

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Recycle Bin no longer lets me recycle stuff to it - Similar Threads - Win10 Recycle Bin

2. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I dragged a large Zip File over the Recycle Bin to delete it. It did not vanish into the Bin, instead the Recycle Bin vanished! Dragging the Zip File away left a blank space. I checked, via Settings, to see if the box for Show Recycle Bin was checked, and it still is....
  3. Recycle Bin Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Properties: Hello, Recently I deleted some large folder. Got this message :"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin." So if I want to recover the folder from the Recycle Bin, these files will be missing. Is there some way to "repair" it ? Answers will be...
  4. recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recycle bin: unable to delete a file from the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/recycle/55e1a56f-a607-4bb5-8b70-042213e971f0
  5. Recycle Bin to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin to taskbar?: Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar? 13626
  6. Corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted recycle bin: When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks. 36062
  7. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635
  8. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin: Geez... now I can't find Recycle Bin to empty it Tried, Settings>personalization>themes>Desk top icons> clicked recycle Bin, but still can't find it Hmmmmm.... 48655
  9. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin: Hello, Whenever I select "Manage" in recycle bin the top line of items in recycle bin are covered over by the "Manage" ribbon. Is there any way to make all items in "recycle bin" show below "Manage" ribbon. Thanx 87005
  10. Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin?: Here's something funny that just popped into my head. I was looking at the Recycle Bin on the Desktop, and I said to myself: let me rename it. I added 3 letters after it, now its name is: Recycle Binary HAH do you get the pun? Binary consists of every file you have in...