Windows 10: Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

Discus and support Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am still running Win10 Pro (November Update 1511), and I am waiting for Redstone 1 (stable release) to roll out. I think its planned in January of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

I am still running Win10 Pro (November Update 1511), and I am waiting for Redstone 1 (stable release) to roll out. I think its planned in January of 2017, I am not sure.

Anyways, I did a clean install of Win10 Pro version 1511 using by license key for that version from the Media Creation Tool.

My question is, can I use the same license key from my copy of Win10 Pro (1511) for the next major release of Win10 which will be Redstone or Redstone1 using the Media Creation Tool (clean install)?

And of course, I will be always doing a clean install and not an in place upgrade when Redstone rolls out.

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Oct 11, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 11, 2016
  3. anniversary update

Microsoft anniversary update will be only for redstone or redstone and threshold?

s.i.shaoun, Oct 11, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

RS1 was released on August 2nd!

You use the same key if required.

cereberus, Oct 11, 2016
  5. If you did the free upgrade, and your licensed with a Digital License, your key is a generic key. One you don't need for a reinstall. All you have to do is install the same version you have now, Home or Pro, and do a skip key when asked for a key. The PC will then activate with the Digital License stored on the activation server. You can enter the key, but you don't have to. The Digital License is not build specific, just version specific.

alphanumeric, Oct 11, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    That's Rs2 that's planned for 1Q 2017 release.

CountMike, Oct 14, 2016
  7. If you upgrade (start Setup from your present desktop) you will not be asked for a product key. If you do a clean installation (start the computer with the installation media) you will be asked for a product key but do not need one. Simply click the link at the bottom of the page that says "I don't have a product key." Your computer is already a registered Windows 10 device and Windows will activate the first time it connects to the internet.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 14, 2016
  8. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

Suppose I want to upgrade to RS1 or RS2 by clean installing it using the Media Creation Tool, can I use my same License key as I did for my Win10 Pro 1511?

That's all I am asking.

I ALWAYS do clean installs to play it safe and to avoid any issues. Clean installs are just the way I go instead of doing in-place upgrades.

win10freak, Oct 23, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Yes and you don't even need to enter that license key.

CountMike, Oct 23, 2016
  10. Yes. If your currently activated with a Digital license you can skip entering a key if you want though. You can also enter a key if you want. I enter the generic Pro key via a PID.txt file to force a Pro install and override the embedded key detection.

alphanumeric, Oct 23, 2016
  11. And all I am saying is DO NOT enter a product key during a clean install. You will be asked for one but click the link at the bottom of the page instead. The computer is already a registered Windows 10 device and that is all that is needed for activation.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 23, 2016
  12. It's not a given that every PC is activated with a DL by the way. If it is currently activated with a Product key, you will have to enter a key to activate it on a clean install.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

1. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key? - Similar Threads - Win10 Redstone Redstone

2. what is windows 10 redstone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is windows 10 redstone?: what is windows 10 redstone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/fad72416-f9b7-4ab7-9d6c-801355629737
  3. Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?: With the new major release of Windows 10 AU (Redstone) or even the upcoming Redstone 2 update planned somewhere around beginning of 2017, will I have to temporarily disable BitLocker in the process of updating to Redstone? Since this is a major update to Windows 10, can it...
  4. Win10 Redstone Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Redstone Update: I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update? Is there like a certain timeframe to this by having that setting checked? And what if I decide I want this Redstone update now? Should I...
  5. samsung usb monitor incompability with win10 redstone?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    samsung usb monitor incompability with win10 redstone?: yo guys i have a samsung usb LD190G (LS19LFUGF/EN) and it worked just fine with the previous "normal" windows 10 but i recently installed the new aniversary edition, redstone i believe its called and i cant for the life of me to get the monitor working now i tried...
  6. Redstone PC's are invisible in the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redstone PC's are invisible in the network: Since I have updated to the anniversary update, I cant see my pc's with Windows 10 anymore on the network. On the other hand I can see ALL my pc's from the Windows 10 computer. I had no problems before the update. I have a shared partition on each Redstone PC which I can't...
  7. Redstone 4 and file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redstone 4 and file sharing: I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my current setup (files shared from windows 7 to my windows 10) machine will continue to work with Redstone 4. Any info would be...
  8. Redstone Wave 2 comes. :)

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone Wave 2 comes. :): Redstone Wave 2 Comes! *Wink Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Source: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49724
  9. OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone: A long time ago, in an OS far, far away, ok not that far away but with Window 8.1, Microsoft had a feature for OneDrive called placeholders. This feature allowed you to keep a very small file on your local machine that showed a thumbnail of the document that was stored in the...
  10. Windows 10 'Redstone' 1 will be available this summer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 'Redstone' 1 will be available this summer: Microsoft execs say the latest collection of new features will be available to Windows 10 users this summer, and will be known officially as the Windows 10 'Anniversary Update.' It's official: Microsoft's next major update to Windows 10, codenamed Redstone 1, will be...