Windows 10: Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.

Discus and support Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Reinstalled win10 20H2 today. And before reinstalling, i found that the remote desktop usually failed to connect after installing windows updates.And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wzkiro, Aug 30, 2021.

1. wzkiro Win User

Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.

I Reinstalled win10 20H2 today. And before reinstalling, i found that the remote desktop usually failed to connect after installing windows updates.And after reinstalling, the problem still lives.

:)

wzkiro, Aug 30, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. random84 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?

I have several laptops at home, and am trying to connect to an SSH connection at work for networking. To be fair, I am an idiot and had a techie friend of mine set everything up, however:

At home, on the same wireless network on the same router, I have three computers:

Laptop #1: Win10 Home (recently updated), connects via a script to my work network creating an SSH connection, and I can then log in with Windows Remote Desktop connection 100%. Works perfect.

Laptop #2: Win10 Pro (recently updated), connects via the same script to my work network via the same SSH connection - however Windows Remote Desktop connection times out and fails to connect.

Laptop #3: Win7 Pro (all appropriate updates), connects via the same script to my work network via the same SSL connection - again Windows Remote Desktop connection times out and fails to connect.

On computers #2 and #3, I have tried shutting off Windows firewall (no effect) and I've also tried following several tutorials on the web and on tenforums to get the Windows Remote Desktop to work. I've also followed the sticky (How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers ) at the top of this forum and everything is started and on automatic - EXCEPT for one: I cannot get Home Group Provider to start. In either case, I am not using home group stuff to connect so I expect this is a tangent. Also, so it is clear, there are no 3rd party anti-virus issues or otherwise weird software to worry about, basic vanilla home-user type stuff.

The core of my question: Admittedly I am dumb with this stuff so forgive me if I'm using the wrong lingo or omitting information, but can anyone offer suggestions as to what is different between a Win10 home and Win10 Pro computer where I can use remote Desktop in identical situations, with identical scripts (with a secured connection that works on all three computers), on the same network, connecting to the same server within 10 minutes of each other - but the Win10 Home works and the Win10 Pro remote desktops time out? Clearly, there is something between the Home and Pro versions that is my issue.

I have allowed remote connections, turned off windows firewall, and tried to start all of the relevant services as noted on both "Pro" computers - the Home computer works on the standard / default settings with no changes by me.

Help?

random84, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates. - Similar Threads - Win10 Remote desktop

2. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  3. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  4. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  5. Remote Desktop RDP connection errors after Win10 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop RDP connection errors after Win10 1909 upgrade: Hi, I recently upgraded a Lenovo P53 running Win10 1809 to Win10 1909. The Lenovo P53 is typically accessed via Remote Desktop RDP from an HP Probook 640 G1 running Win10 1809 and located at home. The HP accesses the Lenovo P53 over our company's VPN. The Lenovo P53 hosts...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime: Hi, I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard. I have windows 10 pro on my custom PC and my laptop surface pro 4. Custom PC doesn't have a monitor but connects to a full HD tv if required....
  7. Remote Desktop Connections error after update to Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connections error after update to Win10 2004: after updating Windows 10 to version 2004 i am no longer able to establish a Remote Desktop Connection. actually i am able to establish a Remote Connection exactly once. But after ending the first remote session every following attempt to do the same gives me the following...
  8. Failing to set up remote desktop connection.

Failing to set up remote desktop connection.: Greetings, I've been going crazy trying to set up a remote connection. Here are the deets. I want to use Win10 pro, ver. 1809 to connect to my Win7 pro PC. I enabled RDC on the Win7 PC On the Win10 PC, I'm asked for a computer name. I enter the name of the PC(win7). Then I...
  9. connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails: Been looking for a fix for this for a little while, haven't found anything so far, if I missed a post here in my quick searching forgive me :) I updated to Win 10 1803 last week. Now whenever I try to access a remote server or computer drive Windows is too stupid to find it....
  10. Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?

Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?: I have several laptops at home, and am trying to connect to an SSH connection at work for networking. To be fair, I am an idiot and had a techie friend of mine set everything up, however: At home, on the same wireless network on the same router, I have three computers:...