Windows 10: Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings

Discus and support Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For about a month now, this laptop repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter connection settings, requiring that I re-enter the values in the ethernet adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pzbrawl, May 29, 2020.

1. pzbrawl Win User

Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings

For about a month now, this laptop repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter connection settings, requiring that I re-enter the values in the ethernet adapter applet, or (more conveniently) run netsh interface ipv4 set address etc ...

Often but not always the zeroing out occurs during a period of inactivity requiring re-login.

No recent changes to the hardware or the OS.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

:)

pzbrawl, May 29, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, May 29, 2020
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 29, 2020
  4. RajNS Win User

Network adapters gone missing after upgrade to Win10

I have this Lenovo B50-70 that comes with Realtek LAN controller.

After i upgraded to win10 from 8.1, i dont see any network. If i go to network settings, it does not list Wifi nor does it detect LAN.

Tried updating with latest realtek driver, but it fails saying unable to detect the network adapter. Perhaps in deep sleep mode.

Can anyone help me sort this out ? Lenovo support seems to suck bigtime

RajNS, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings - Similar Threads - Win10 repeatedly zeroes

2. Sounds zeroed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds zeroed out: From time to time all my sounds unexpectedly have zero volume. Bringing up the Windows Volume Mixer reveals that all volumes are at zero. I can without much difficulty restore the volumes, but these questions remain:1 Why does this happen? How can I prevent it? If I cannot ....
  3. Sounds zeroed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds zeroed out: From time to time all my sounds unexpectedly have zero volume. Bringing up the Windows Volume Mixer reveals that all volumes are at zero. I can without much difficulty restore the volumes, but these questions remain:1 Why does this happen? How can I prevent it? If I cannot ....
  4. Sounds zeroed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  6. Win10 enterprise repeatedly disabling network adapters on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 enterprise repeatedly disabling network adapters on its own: Let me start by saying this is not a simple issue. I have a standard win10 ent installation on an HP ML350 G10 workstation. Randomly, Win10 is simply disabling all network adapters and then re-enabling them. Ive done a windows defender scan. I've run Norton and...
  7. Lan via Lan-Adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan via Lan-Adapter?: Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently installed one? [ATTACH] Lan über Lan-Adapter testem?
  8. How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?

How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?: I have enabled network discovery but still my computers cannot see each other. We have a wifi connection to the bnb router. That confuses me in config screens, too, because they show that as the connection and ask private or public? Well I'm thinking of the Lan, not the...
  9. zero windows settings stick and stay, zero

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zero windows settings stick and stay, zero: None of my settings ever made in windows 10 actually stays. I tell it to defrag daily and it always switches back to weekly. I play a video and wonder why my sound sounds like poop and every time I have to switch back the audio settings from 100% volume, 2ch and...
  10. LAN Settings

LAN Settings: Hello, I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps being re ticked. This messes with how Chrome works and even with the emails. Is there some way I can stop this from being re...