Windows 10: Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen

Discus and support Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have a HP Pavilion Laptop that I was preparing to give to another person so I started the Windows 10 Reset process and asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carl K., Jul 6, 2020.

1. Carl K. Win User

Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen

Hello Community,

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop that I was preparing to give to another person so I started the Windows 10 Reset process and asked to have all personal files removed. The process took a while and let it run all night. During the night I looked at the screen and saw a question that I did not read completely as I was just a wake for a moment before going back to sleep. The questions asked something that want a respond to press the F1 key or another key. I pressed the F1 key and went back to sleep. Upon waking the system was on though nothing was on the screen and it did not respond to any clicks of the mouse or keyboard. I shut the laptop off and restarted. The system boots with the HP logo and the spinning circle at the bottom of the screen, with a quick flash of the words Preparing and then the screen goes blank. All I see is the cursor move around the screen and always the cursor returns to the center of the screen. I have reset the BIOS via the HP troubleshooting information and have tried starting with a Microsoft Win10 Media Disc and still all I get is the same HP logo in the center of the screen and the same cursor behavior. What can I do to get this laptop to work again so I can give it to another person to use? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Carl

:)

Carl K., Jul 6, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen

1. Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen - Similar Threads - Win10 Reset Blank

2. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  3. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  4. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen: After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image and apps are gone. Ctrl shift esc doesnt work but ctrl alt del works. I saw a post exactly like this and tried to fix it,...
  6. Getting blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting blank/black screen: I wonder if anyone can help me. I am running Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite laptop. After entering my password the screen goes blank and no operations are possible. I have tried the in built Windows recovery options but using the repair option it eventually returns to the...
  7. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....
  8. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...
  9. reset now blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset now blank screen: i reset my pc now the i get a black screen. thanks when you reset ease of access turns of the background under (make computer easier to read),make sure remove background images is box is clear 59252
  10. blank screen after installation win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen after installation win10: Can help for the solution for this. It is working fine with 8.1 windows Lenovo b540 all in one pc. after installing win10 screen came up ( installing 45 min) and gone screen blank. Switch on but boot up screen noting. 38038