Windows 10: Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart

Discus and support Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. I have a pc with Win10 Home version and two hard drives SSD and HDD. Yesterday I tried opening a program, it appear on start but the icon was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lucyfields, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart

Hey guys. I have a pc with Win10 Home version and two hard drives SSD and HDD. Yesterday I tried opening a program, it appear on start but the icon was blank and nothing happened when I clicked.

Came to realize that basically the HDD was reset ?, there were some folders there like default folders then Win installs, Music, Documents etc but they were empty, so I lost all data there. Some programs are also missing from the SSD. Tried recovering it with Recuva but most files had weird extensions/names and when I try opening them it says that the file is unknown/corrupt.

The only update Win made recently was because of Edge. Tried running SFC, it said that some corrupt files were found and repaired,but everytime I restart the PC, something else is missing.

Has this thing happen to anyone else? Do you know how to prevent it? I have a desktop with Win10 as well and am panicking thinking I may lose data in there too

:)

lucyfields, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 28, 2020
  3. little cat, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart

1. Win10 reset HDD and is deleting stuff in every restart - Similar Threads - Win10 reset HDD

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  4. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  5. Win10 Pro loses activation with every restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro loses activation with every restart: This started a couple of months ago. I have a digital license, having upgraded from purchased copy of Win7 Pro. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix it so that I don't have to reactivate over and over. TIA...
  6. Unable to restart after Win10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to restart after Win10 Reset: I have a Surface Studio and yesterday, Win10 did an update on it. After that, my screen was split in half, like Win10 saw half the screen as one monitor and the other half as a second monitor. I was trying to fix it but as I was checking the options, my cat jumped up on my...
  7. deleteing stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleteing stuff: hi can one of you help me delete games and apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-stuff/e95e2fb0-f544-48fb-bd82-d6d98381643d"
  8. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart: Hi, Since the latest update last week, I just cannot customize my Start Menu. I did pin some apps to my Start Menu and I did update settings to show Documents, Music, Downloads and Pictures on the left-hand side of my Start Menu (Personalization > Start > Choose which...
  9. Start Menu resets itself every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  10. Delete or move some Win10 stuff

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete or move some Win10 stuff: I have a new laptop with C: drive a 128 SSD and D: a 1T. I have upgraded to Win10 which is on the SSD. I also put Armored Warfare on that drive as well as Bitdefender. The drive had some stuff from Acer and I have deleted or moved some of it - some still left. I would...