Windows 10: Win10 Reset removed my documents!

Discus and support Win10 Reset removed my documents! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. My Surface4 started acting very strange, so I did a Windows Reset using the option of keeping my documents. When the reset finished, all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rrr_924, Apr 10, 2021.

1. rrr_924 Win User

Win10 Reset removed my documents!

Hi. My Surface4 started acting very strange, so I did a Windows Reset using the option of keeping my documents. When the reset finished, all my documents were gone. Unfortunately I did not have a backup previous to doing the reset. Not sure what happened.

Is there any way to 'go back', or recover these lost documents?

How do I report this problem to Microsoft so others won't have this same problem?

Thanks

:)

rrr_924, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Lost list of removed program list while resetting Win10

I did a reset of my Win10 computer and had it keep the files. This removed all the programs. It was supposed to put a list of the removed programs on the desktop so I could re-install the programs. The list is not on my desktop. Is there someway I can
    recover the list of programs that were removed?

Jerry D Smith, Apr 10, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 Reset removed my documents! - Similar Threads - Win10 Reset removed

2. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  3. Virus removal Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus removal Win10: I'm running win10 and microsoft defender detected win32/Floxif.H and w32/Casdet!rfn but cannot remove neither quaranteen.I have ran MSERT.exe but cannot remove also.What to do now?...
  4. Virus removal Win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus removal Win10: I'm running win10 and microsoft defender detected win32/Floxif.H and w32/Casdet!rfn but cannot remove neither quaranteen.I have ran MSERT.exe but cannot remove also.What to do now?...
  5. Virus removal Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?: I have an x555q Asus. I've been wanting to do this because the my laptop can't handle the updates. I specifically chose "keep my files" options so I wouldn't lose my personal/important files. But I forgot my old account's password and I don't have that old account anymore to...
  7. Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?: I have an x555q Asus. I've been wanting to do this because the my laptop can't handle the updates. I specifically chose "keep my files" options so I wouldn't lose my personal/important files. But I forgot my old account's password and I don't have that old account anymore to...
  8. Will resetting my computer delete my documents and/or account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. reset win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset win10: Tôi đã có vấn đề cài đặt lại Windows 10, tôi đã cố gắng tải về các cửa sổ cập nhật trợ lý https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win10/c646ec0a-2be0-4bf1-8bb4-25fad7349134
  10. Reset Win10: unable to reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Win10: unable to reset?: We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset". How can we reset windows 10? 75152