Windows 10: Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive

Discus and support Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP Win 10 All in One that I want to sell. I did the Win reset (getting rid of all my personal files and apps) and then when it restarted, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/katmack7, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive

I have an HP Win 10 All in One that I want to sell. I did the Win reset (getting rid of all my personal files and apps) and then when it restarted, I went through the steps of setting it up (but not to wi-fi) and then did a complete reset again.

My question is - is it enough to make sure no one can recover any of my personal files? Do I need to do a Factory reset via HP to make it more secure? Or am I being paranoid and I've done enough.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/katmack7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/katmack7, Jul 4, 2020

2. Reset to factory settings

Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit.

It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted the computer and it started up with the HP symbol and a turning circle.....then HP symbol goes away but the spinning circle remains.

I got on the phone with HPsupport and he tried a few things that didn't work.....computer goes to HP as soon as the box gets here.

Any suggestions....I hate to be without my computer.

.thanks

jeanniespc, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Win32Guy Win User
    Factory Restore using HP Recovery vs Windows Refresh/Reset

Factory restore using HP supplied media or from a hidden recovery partition wipes out everything / reimages the drive. That means all the pre-installed stuff will be back along with the Operating System.

Resetting Windows would fix incorrect settings or system file corruption issues, but won't bring back the device and chipset drivers, OEM pre-installed applications which you may have uninstalled earlier.

Whether to do a Windows Refresh/Reset or Factory Restore. It's really your call.

Win32Guy, Jul 4, 2020
  4. buildzoid Win User

Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive

Hard reset on linux

Wait did you mean hard reset as in pressing the reset button or Hard Reset the game?

buildzoid, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive

1. Win10 reset versus HP factory reset to wipe the hard drive - Similar Threads - Win10 reset versus

2. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  3. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  4. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  5. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  6. HP laptop won’t factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop won’t factory reset: I have tried to factory reset my device multiple times, however it keeps saying it needs more storage. I have hardly any files and apps left on the laptop, but it still fails to factory reset. Please help, I need to use my laptop in the near future for work....
  7. Hp hard factory reset

Hp hard factory reset: My hp will not let me hard reset to factory mode. Even turning on legacy mode doesnt help. Help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hard-factory-reset/f57f99af-02b5-41f7-9db4-37ed87e7c080
  8. Will a 'factory reset' uninstall my secondary hard drive?

Will a 'factory reset' uninstall my secondary hard drive?: Hello, I am having some issues with my PC about once a day I get a 'blue screen of death' saying ucmucsi failure. I have tried fixing this issue for quite a while with help from the nice people of this forum but the problem remains. I assume resetting to factory defaults...
  9. HP stream-factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP stream-factory reset: I forgot my password, and I'm trying to factory reset so I can recycle it. Whenever I try to delete everything, it keeps tellingme there is insufficient space to factory reset it. Please help!!...
  10. Win10 factory reset

Win10 factory reset: I updated to win10 when it was offered for free. I want to do a factory reset, but keep my Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win10-factory-reset/849b8cde-1c51-44a5-9d6d-a7b860acfb8a