Windows 10: Win10 resets when it turns off

Discus and support Win10 resets when it turns off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My grandmothers HP computer HDD got jacked up when her power went out one night a few weeks ago. She took it to a shop because it wouldn’t turn on. Guy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExystantYT, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Win10 resets when it turns off

My grandmothers HP computer HDD got jacked up when her power went out one night a few weeks ago. She took it to a shop because it wouldn’t turn on. Guy said the Harddrive was messed up and he put a new one in and installed Windows.

I went to her house and downloaded all her stuff again for her. I got her computer setup the way she had it before but the computer turns off after 2 hours and when you turn it back on all the settings revert to default. All the programs I downloaded stayed on the computer but windows keeps reverting to default and her Mail won’t open and other apps won’t open either.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/ExystantYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExystantYT, Jun 28, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jun 28, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Win10 resets when it turns off

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Win10 resets when it turns off

1. Win10 resets when it turns off - Similar Threads - Win10 resets turns

2. Laptop turned off while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off while resetting: I found my old laptop and wanted to do fabric reset, but it ran out of battery at 32% and now it's stuck in infinite loop of restarting saying that it's preparing to automatic repair, then diagnosing, then restarts and it goes again. There is no chance it will work. I can not...
  3. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  4. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  5. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  6. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Accidentally turned pc off when resetting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally turned pc off when resetting.: So I had just installed an extra hard drive and I wanted alot of my apps and stuff to be on the new one. I figured I might as well just reset the pc and start from scratch. Well, it was beginning to reset and I accidentally hit the power button. When i turn it on it shows a...
  8. Windows Defender turned off when installing brand new win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender turned off when installing brand new win10: Hello, When installing a fresh clean copy of windows 10 it appears that windows defender is turned off? Is this the normal behavior? When did this change? Up until 1903 I'm pretty sure it was always on by default. I'm curious if with some of the drivers that I am install...
  9. External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off: I recently got an external monitor, Lenovo L24q-20, which I use with my HP Envy Laptop. The brightness of the external monitor is controlled with buttons on the monitor, and is by default set to 80/100. This is a bit too bright for me so I set it down to 50/100, and all is...
  10. when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Support
    when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?: I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins. Any ideas what is causing this? 46555