Windows 10: Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.

Discus and support Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Long story short, since yesterday the pc is taking like 3-5 minutes to restart or to shutdown, everything is up to date, i even updated windows 10 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rzkty, Oct 17, 2019.

1. rzkty Win User

Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.

Long story short, since yesterday the pc is taking like 3-5 minutes to restart or to shutdown, everything is up to date, i even updated windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 to see if this fixed the issue but the problem is still there, booting is fine. i already tried several times with the sfc /scannow and the different dism /online /cleanup-image commands, also tried disabling and enabling again fast startup in the registry, the only thing i remember doing yesterday was checking the adata toolbox, then i clicked in system optimization, then os optimization then apply, i already went back and clicked restore to see if this was the issue, sometimes the shutdown or the restart screen disapears to a blackscreen with the cursor i can move, eventually after a few minutes it shutdown or restart.

Other things i have done: test both ram, removed my other 3 hdd, moved the pagefile back to the ssd, test in safeboot. Also ran windows performance recorder: Shutdown, but i dont know what to look in the analyzer.

Win10
    ryzen3 2200g
    8gb of ram
    geforce 1070 sc
    adata su800 ssd 128gb
    3 hdd.

:)

rzkty, Oct 17, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 17, 2019
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Oct 17, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

SSD and unsafe shutdowns

I didn't think unsafe shutdowns affected SSD's at all. It could be intel just covering their ass. I'm scared my SSD will wear out after the warrenty as well and I've had alot of unsafe restarts.

DrPepper, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd. - Similar Threads - Win10 restart shutdown

2. Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.: I'm currently using windows 11 21h2 and recently a restart started to take around 3 minutes to complete while earlier it took only 30-40 seconds. I have already tried the system file checker tool to look for corrupted files but it didn't help. Here are my specs:intel core...
  3. Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.: I'm currently using windows 11 21h2 and recently a restart started to take around 3 minutes to complete while earlier it took only 30-40 seconds. I have already tried the system file checker tool to look for corrupted files but it didn't help. Here are my specs:intel core...
  4. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  5. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  6. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  8. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  9. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown taking over 5 minutes: I have had this issue for a while but I took sometime to figure out what was causing it. My Lenovo yoga 730 with a SSD is taking over 5 minutes to shutdown. I've tested several situations and I found about the issue with USB-C on Windows 10 1809. I have updated to 1909. In...
  10. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work pc with ssd takes 20 minutes to restart