Windows 10: [Win10] Restart GPU driver

Discus and support [Win10] Restart GPU driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had set TDRLevel=0 (TdrLevelOff - GPU Timeout Detection and Recovery disabled) registry setting for troubleshooting and at some moment screen got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oto_, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Oto_ Win User

[Win10] Restart GPU driver

I had set TDRLevel=0 (TdrLevelOff - GPU Timeout Detection and Recovery disabled) registry setting for troubleshooting and at some moment screen got frozen apparently because GPU driver got stuck. Now I am unable to recover/restart the GPU using undocumented keyboard shortcut Win+Ctrl+Shift+B which could help to restart the driver.

I would like to not lose my unsaved work on this computer by cold reboot. The keyboad and mouse cursor is also not responding but computer is online and working. Is there other way how to restart GPU remotely? I have full remote access using Powershell and also remote registry to this computer. Unfortunately remote desktop doesn't get past Welcome screen.

:)

2. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 29, 2019
  4. [Win10] Restart GPU driver

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

[Win10] Restart GPU driver

1. [Win10] Restart GPU driver - Similar Threads - Win10 Restart GPU

2. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  3. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  4. Sudden restarts with installed GPU drivers, GeForce RTX 3060

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden restarts with installed GPU drivers, GeForce RTX 3060: Dear Microsoft Team,I'm experiencing strange issues in shape of sudden restarts with my brand new pc configuration.When I uninstall the drivers of my RTX 3060 the system runs stable. As soon as I install them the system creates random restarts just after opening small...
  5. Sudden restarts with installed GPU drivers, GeForce RTX 3060

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden restarts with installed GPU drivers, GeForce RTX 3060: Dear Microsoft Team,I'm experiencing strange issues in shape of sudden restarts with my brand new pc configuration.When I uninstall the drivers of my RTX 3060 the system runs stable. As soon as I install them the system creates random restarts just after opening small...
  6. Sudden restarts with installed GPU drivers, GeForce RTX 3060

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPU driver: So I had some problems with my GPU driver. I install the correct GPU driver today's morning and it worked perfectly fine. task manager is showing it, armoury create is showing it. and everything is working. until I came back from school and I wanted to change my Nvidia...
  8. Help! GPU driver is not compatible with win10, window's ScaleAnimation is stuck......

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! GPU driver is not compatible with win10, window's ScaleAnimation is stuck......: GPU is GT130m, driver is offcial lastest. And Nvidia won't update driver, becase the GPU was made in 2009. I found may problems: Sometimes window's ScaleAnimationis stuck Sometimes app's pop up animation is lag, for example realtek I use potplayer play video, sometimes...
  9. Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk: Hi all, I normally manage to solve things myself, but have become more computer illiterate over recent years and have ended surrendering my home pc to the kids. The rig was running well, has older hardware, but didn't have any issues running some easy going games and other...
  10. BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!: Hello! After installing Windows 10 pro 64-bit v1903 on my newly built PC (ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus, msi armor rx 480 8gb oc), it kept crashing randomly while gaming or just when browsing the web. Sometimes the system would restart, taking a lot of time, sometimes the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart gpu win 10