Windows 10: Win10 restore point.

Discus and support Win10 restore point. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a win10 pro updated 20H2.I realized that my system restore point only keep one copy no matter how big the space i allocated to it, even 20GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LicenseSG, Jul 15, 2021.

1. LicenseSG Win User

Win10 restore point.

Hi, I have a win10 pro updated 20H2.I realized that my system restore point only keep one copy no matter how big the space i allocated to it, even 20GB it still keep one, is there something that I can set to keep more copies?Thanks.

:)

LicenseSG, Jul 15, 2021

2. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Jul 15, 2021
  3. JamesNW Win User
    Windows 10 restore points how do I make and use restore points properly?

To create a restore-point in Win10:

• In the task-bar search box ("I'm Cortana...)
    • type in "Restore"
    • Popup menu shows "Create a restore point", click to select this
    • The System Properties dialog box show up - System Protection tab displaying
    • Make sure the C drive protection setting is ON.
    • Click on the "Create..." button to create a restore-point. Enter the name of the restore-point and select Create.
    • Done.

To restore to a restore-point (AKA rollback your system)
    - Same steps as before.
    - Instead of "Create..", select "System Restore..." button
    - Select the restore-point you want and restore.

Typically, you should create a restore point before installing any not well-known software, drivers, etc. Any suspicion of malware or ill behaviors (system crashed, slow, etc), you should use the restore-point to rollback the system.

JamesNW, Jul 15, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

Win10 restore point.

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CWin10 restore point. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CWin10 restore point. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Win10 restore point.

1. Win10 restore point. - Similar Threads - Win10 restore point

2. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  3. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  4. WIN10 Restore Points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 Restore Points: For my own reasons* I have used third party software to stop Microsoft updates to my system. On my Current PC this will never change. Still somehow even though Microsoft is not upgrading perhaps when I run "SFC/ SCANOW" my system restore is turned off and restore points...
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  6. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  7. System Restore Points disappear, Win10

System Restore Points disappear, Win10: If system restore points routinely disappear in a day or two, why does MS even offer the option? Or, if MS intends such a short life for temporary protection only, why not let users know about it? This happens independently of system updates, which, of course, delete...
  8. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  9. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...