Windows 10: win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound

Discus and support win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this just suddenly started out of no where. after an alarm gos off even though its been cleared and reset right clicking any taskbar icon makes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thedragonmaster, Dec 4, 2019.

1. win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound

this just suddenly started out of no where.

after an alarm gos off even though its been cleared and reset right clicking any taskbar icon makes the alarm sound. i made a small video showing this Win10 taskbar alarm any ideas on how to fix this? i actually do use the alarms and rebooting every time this happens will get annoying fast

Wndows 10 Home

Ver 1609

Build 18363.476

:)

thedragonmaster, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound

1. win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound - Similar Threads - win10 right clicking

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot right-click on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot right-click on taskbar icons: Hi there I am having an issue with my windows 10 desktop. I cannot right-click on my taskbar icons, I can't open the calendar or the sound mixer. I have tried everything on the internet. I noticed this entire issue began after I removed the razer synapse program from my...
  6. Alarm sound plays when I click on the date/time icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm sound plays when I click on the date/time icon on taskbar: Title says it all, when I click the date and time icon (next to the activity button) my alarm sound plays (I use this to remind me when school is starting). I don't know why, disabling the alarm doesn't help. The alarm sound does not change if I change the sound on my alarm...
  7. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  8. Cant right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant right click taskbar icons: I cannot Right click on my open programs from my taskbar. I also cant left click on my speaker icon to switch sound devicesspeakers to headset. But i can right click to open the settings and all that on the speaker icon. And right click works on all the open programs. This...
  9. Right Click/copy produces a sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Click/copy produces a sound: Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.628. This has just started after a recent update. I don't remember which one. In Excel, Word, Outlook and others, whenever I right click on a word or entry and then select Copy I get a short 'chirp' that I find annoying. The copying occurs...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking on task bar makes sound