Windows 10: Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop

Discus and support Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello folks This is making my head spin, when Firefox is running & Im surfing all is OK When firefox and 1 x program is running things slow down When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hrpuffnstuff1, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop

Hello folks
    This is making my head spin, when Firefox is running & Im surfing all is OK
    When firefox and 1 x program is running things slow down
    When firefox is closed and i run 2 or more programs things start to really slow down
    IF i have firefox running, surfing facebook and programs open and I type in a facepost post..OMG...the typing is sooo lagging behind, like I'm 6 words ahead of whats appearing on screen.

I have:-
    disk clean up...........malwarebytes.............adaware.........win defenders.......defrag....upgraded to win 10 May 2019 update
    task manager disk use is always running at 100% & CPU at 100% when i open task manager, then drops to 30%
    I have 6GB RAM (4,98 useable)
    Win 10 1903
    What else could be the problem?
    (Its the typing on FB that gets on me nerves...its like when PC first started and we waiting ages for a picture to load..LOL

:)

hrpuffnstuff1, Aug 15, 2020
  2. marnirao Win User

Windows 10 Laptop running very slow

hi

this is

I was purchased new laptop, that configuration are as follows:-

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Windows 10 home Single Language

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 7130U CPU @ 2.70 GHz

4 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Disk

From the fist day onwards I am trying to use better. But it was running very slow.

I am trying to cleaning the following steps

1. temp

2. %temp%

3. Recent

4. Prefetch

I am cleaning every thing, but booting is taking 3 min time. and running applications is very slow.

I have a PC in my office, it is Pentium Processer, It is running very fast. But I am using original OS, original ms office and tally only, there is no other software using in my laptop.

Laptop Windows 10 is updated up to July 2019. But booting and opening applications is still slow.

kindly suggest me how to open windows 10 with min 30 seconds

marnirao, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop

WinXP printer share to Win10. One box yes. One box no.

Greg,

I'm confused by your suggestion because I previously explained that there are no driver installation programs to run in compatibility mode, because all of them have appeared in Win10 pick lists due to somehow Win10 is getting them. THAT is the heart of
    my question: Why/How is Win10 coming up with different lists of drivers? Is there any way to transfer drivers from the working Win10 laptop to the two other laptops so they can use the same drivers?

Because there is no installation program to run, suggesting to run it in compatibility mode appears confused. Did I miss something?

BrianBrian3, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop

1. Win10 running more than 1 program slows down the laptop - Similar Threads - Win10 running more

2. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  3. Slow with 1 or more tasks running.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow with 1 or more tasks running.: Hi, So with the whole online school I've been using my laptop quite a bit. Here's the problem; when nothing is open, it works perfectly - no lag. When I open one task, an app or even a blank page on chrome the all of the animations and things like that start lagging and the...
  4. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  5. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  6. Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that: Hi, I use Dell Inspiron. My system shuts down saying low battery 4% and hence when i turn it on again tresspassing all notifications which mention "Battery Low". I still used my laptop around 1 hour. Even In by BIOS : It shows Health of Battery Is good. I opened my...
  7. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  8. CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.: As the title says I have this problem, I ve scanned my whole PC for viruses and done basic trouble shooting. All drivers up to date. Please help me if you have knowledge of this incidence. Thanks in advance, John[ATTACH]...
  9. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687
  10. Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions: I have a scheduled task to run Avast AshCmd.exe every day. The entry in Actions is "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~". (Quick is the name of my scan.) I'd like to add another command, to view the Avast log afterwards. Like "Notepad...