Windows 10: Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine

Discus and support Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 running win 10 v 1909 18363.1139. Today, Oct 27 2020, out of nowhere, we cannot access the internet. The internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gregor626, Oct 27, 2020.

1. gregor626 Win User

Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine

We have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 running win 10 v 1909 18363.1139. Today, Oct 27 2020, out of nowhere, we cannot access the internet. The internet adapter is an Intel AC 9560. I can only see it in Device Manager if I click View>Show Hidden Devices. When I open Properties for the adapter, the Device Status says "Currently, this hardware is not connected to the computer Code 45." I have tried a zillion things ... the EnableActiveProbing was already set to 1. I can't ping anything. I suspect that there was an OS update, but I can't tell. I've reset the network, uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter, and restarted many times.

Is this a windows bug? I have other laptops running windows 10 accessing the network without issue. I have the feeling that taking the laptop to some whizzy tech person will be a waste of time.

-Roger

:)

gregor626, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Gorgo Win User

Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

Product Name: Hp Omen 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Wifi card: Intel Wireless-N 7260

Hi guys,
    since some days my wifi has stopped working.
    If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE (max two) NETWORK:

Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine [​IMG]

And I live in a building with 20+ networks, as you can see from WiFi Analyzer (I'm the red one on the right)

Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine [​IMG]

If I deactive/reactive Wifi with fn+f12, it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and it eventually shows all the networks:

My Wifi is on the top. If it's saved, Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection; if it's not saved and I try to connect, it says "You're not able to connect to this network".
    The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed (probably the neighbour one..I dunno).

I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for 10/15sec with the laptop turned off.
    I've already tried to follow these instructions (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175) updating drivers (Intel 18.12.0.3, 18.12.1.2, 18.30.0.9 [Windows 10 default], 18.32.0 [Lastest drivers]) with no success. Everytime I install a new drivers, I uninstalled the previous one + Wireless software + reboot.

I tried to uncheked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" on my Wifi hardware settings without success.

The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi (Really? The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list!).

This is not related to a new Windows 10 upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem :/ It always worked
    Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine 16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I tried different settings too:
    I changed channel, I set 802.11g on my router, APSD off on the router.
    I set "Magic packet off, ad hoc QoS off, U-APSD off, fat channel off,incremental throughput off, HT mode off" on the card setting without success. Nothing chaned.

The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure.

Note carefully: If I go close to the router, it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it. Then I go back to my bedroom (probably 3/4 meters far), it KEEPS the connection for 30/40min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore. It always worked perfectly in my room in these months (I bought it in March 2015), so the distance is not a problem, I'm 6/7m far from the router.
    In this case It shows my Network (Connected) and the neighbour network...and the other 20+ networks???

The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus 5.

Linux: I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya (Ubuntu linux based OS) and it shows 20+ networks available on the list. It has not connection problem with my Wifi, but sometimes it stops working, the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it (usually after 30/40min using it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? Is my Wifi card broken? Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion?

Gorgo, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Pfy'reth Win User

Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine

Wifi connects but no network internet

Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer (we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network). So, I can connect to that network, and the internet
    does in fact work. Youtube runs, I can download things, etc. However, when I over over the wifi symbol, it says (24WillaRouter, Internet Access .... Network, No internet access), but for most intents and purposes, the internet works fine. The exception comes
    when I try hosting a game session on my computer that I run, and it acts as if I don't have internet in that scenario, and beyond that, I can't connect to the 5 ghz network for the faster download speeds. As of now, I use a wifi adapter on my computer to connect
    to the network and it seems to be in fine working order. Phones and my laptop don't seem to have this problem. I'm really befuddled because I can't seem to find anyone that is having this specific problem.

As a note, here are the things I have tried to resolve the issue:

Reboot the modem and router several times

Restart/Shutdown my computer several times

Multiple ipconfig commands suggested by "12 Step by Step Fix to Wifi Connected but no Internet Access"

Restart Modem via Xfinity Customer Profile

Pfy'reth, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine - Similar Threads - Win10 says I'm

2. Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?: I've had this issue for over a year at this point, no amount of restarting or updating my laptop has changed it. Every time I connect to wifi it tells me I have no internet but the network is secured and browsers work fine. I wouldn't bother trying to change it but none of my...
  3. Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi works fine on my laptop but it says I'm not connected?: I've had this issue for over a year at this point, no amount of restarting or updating my laptop has changed it. Every time I connect to wifi it tells me I have no internet but the network is secured and browsers work fine. I wouldn't bother trying to change it but none of my...
  4. Wifi working but Network panel says I'm not connected to any networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi working but Network panel says I'm not connected to any networks.: Hello, First of all I wish you all a happy new year ! I recently had to soft reset my pc because it was going extremly slow after a Restore. But now I have this issue:My computer is connected to WiFi and the internet is working I'm using it to post this message but the...
  5. Wifi working but Network panel says I'm not connected to any networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi working but Network panel says I'm not connected to any networks.: Hello, First of all I wish you all a happy new year ! I recently had to soft reset my pc because it was going extremly slow after a Restore. But now I have this issue:My computer is connected to WiFi and the internet is working I'm using it to post this message but the...
  6. Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...: last picture is the example of my internet connection is still working as usualwin10 troubleshooters told me to "reset network" but still that doesn't fix this problemsome sites told me to update my "windows update" but the condition cant let me update iti dont have the...
  7. Wifi says "Can't connect to this network"

Wifi says "Can't connect to this network": I have a Surface Go 2 with Windows 10. When connecting to a particular wifi network, I can sometimes connect to it, sometimes I can't. When I can't, I get a "can't connect to this network". What can I do to reliability connect to this network? The same is true of the...
  8. My Network says "Ethernet: No Internet" but I'm online no WiFi

My Network says "Ethernet: No Internet" but I'm online no WiFi: I am online. I am submitting this via the computer that is affected. Under Network it says there is "No Internet" for the Ethernet connection. I do not have WiFi enabled. When I unplug the ethernet cable, I lose my Internet connection. This issue has been going...
  9. Wifi saying unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi saying unable to connect to network: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MLGesusRice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr6z06/wifi_saying_unable_to_connect_to_network/
  10. Wifi unable to connect to WPA2-PSK AES while open network is working just fine

Wifi unable to connect to WPA2-PSK AES while open network is working just fine: Hello all. I'm having this weird issue trying to get my desktop pc connected to my home wireless network via an usb wifi adapter. The wireless network is set up with WPA2-PSK AES security. I am able to connect to this network with my mobile phone while my usb wifi adapter...