Windows 10: Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't

Discus and support Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer ran out of paper, so I refilled it. Unfortunately, Win10 continued to say the printer was out of paper even after the paper tray was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeSullivan96, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't

My printer ran out of paper, so I refilled it. Unfortunately, Win10 continued to say the printer was out of paper even after the paper tray was refilled and the printer was happy back at the main menu. I finally found a plea for help from back in Aug 2016 for the same problem. MS expert had them doing all kinds of ugly stuff, including getting into regedit. Someone a year later posted the solution: restart the print spooler. This is Jun 2020. How many years does it take to solve a print spooler refresh problem?

Win10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.836

:)

MikeSullivan96, Jun 3, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't

Out of Paper error but printer has paper

Yes to both. The thing is, when this happens, the printer is out of paper. So we replace the paper and all of the Windows 7 machines go "oh, ok, the printer has paper again" and start printing.

Windows 10 though doesn't. It might start printing again in 10-15 min, or it might never until either the PC or printer is restarted. It seems restarting the printer sends out a signal it is good and Win10 acknowledges, but Win10 won't acknowledge the "i
    have paper" signal.

I would like win10 to quit trying to be so smart and just print it. It is a network printer so the server is holding the spooled data anyway if the printer is down. Why is Windows 10 stopping it from printing my jobs?

EdHansWork, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't

1. Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't - Similar Threads - Win10 says printer

2. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  3. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  4. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  5. Printer needs paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer needs paper: Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my...
  6. Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?: Referring to: windows 10 says printer out of paper, but the printer has paper and - Microsoft CommunityRestarting the spooler service fixes it, but only temporarily. This issue keeps coming back, and restarting the spooler service every time becomes tedious very quickly...
  7. My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".

My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".: My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper". It is not. Will not feed paper; and, it growls like it is missing a driver. Once I got an error message "carriage cannot move" and instructed me to clear the paper path. No paper jam! That message...
  8. my samsung printer says it is out of paper

my samsung printer says it is out of paper: my printer says it is out of paper but it isn't. i just used it and now it wont work. what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-samsung-printer-says-it-is-out-of-paper/a5d66616-4314-4e86-81d6-59f4e1b917cf
  9. Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.

Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.: Following last W10 update my printer will not print. HP psc 1315 all in one. Tried cleaning spoolers, resetting printer, downloading drivers again although 'best drivers already installed' (as rec by MS), cleared cache. It was fine two days prior to update. Not very...
  10. printer paper problem

printer paper problem: Hi recently every time l try to print anything l get a message poping up on my screen Fuji Xeroxprint cm115/118w' has a paper problem l have checked my printer there is no paper jammed any where l've also uninstalled & reinstalled so do you think you can help me or do...