Windows 10: Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...

Discus and support Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; last picture is the example of my internet connection is still working as usualwin10 troubleshooters told me to "reset network" but still that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FadlyA, Aug 8, 2021.

1. FadlyA Win User

Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...

last picture is the example of my internet connection is still working as usualwin10 troubleshooters told me to "reset network" but still that doesn't fix this problemsome sites told me to update my "windows update" but the condition cant let me update iti dont have the connection to update it, but i can open google chrome or youtube even i can still playing games

:)

FadlyA, Aug 8, 2021

2. Network & Internet Status says Not Connected yet Ethernet is Connected!!

Hi,

If updating your PC was the only change made prior to the issue, then we suggest that you download the latest network adapter from the manufacturer's website. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems.

Before doing so, let's first try to diagnose and fix common connection problems using the Network troubleshooter. To run the Network troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem, proceed with updating the network adapter driver. If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Aileen Alf, Aug 8, 2021
  3. rivimey Win User
    Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access?

I have a Win10 Pro machine upgraded from Win7 Ultimate. All was well with Win10 until the network and sharing centre stopped believing I was connected to the internet, despite being able to connect just fine. That is, the "View your active networks" just says "You are not currently connected to any networks", but my ethernet adapter settings say I'm connected, and indeed I am.

For a while, this was "OK" because seems to have been operating as a Public network, but now it's completely gone and I cannot get network shares to work at all. This is now causing hassle!

I have tried:
    • Disabling the adapter and Enabling again.
    • Uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it, with a reboot.
    • Tried all the network troubleshooters, multiple times. They all report 'couldn't identify the problem'.
    • Running "netsh winsock reset", and also "netsh interface ipv4 reset", "netsh interface ipv6 reset", with reboot
    • Reinstalling the adapter from the latest Intel i218-V driver (was using 2015 MS driver), with reboot.
    • Restarting multiple services, such as the Network List service.
    • Running the intel adapter selftest suite: no issues found.
    • Resetting some services to be "Automatic" start from Manual.
    • Removing a bunch of registry keys in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Network tree and forcing their regeneration by reinstalling the ethernet adapter driver again.

My only hint of success is that when I reinstalled the adapter driver, for a second or so the view active networks did change to suggest it was looking for a location, but then very quickly reset back to 'not connected'.

I'm getting a bit desperate....

Is this a real bug in Win10 or is there some config setting that can be changed or reset?

If (and I really don't want to, because it will invalidate at least one software license) I had to reinstall Windows, how would I do so given that I only have old Win7 install media?

Do MS have any useful support service these days?

rivimey, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet...

Power surge now Ethernet connection says no IP address

Hello,

As the power surge is a dangerous happening that will surely affect your device as well as the Ethernet, here are the steps we suggest that you do in order to be connected to the internet again:

• Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands.
    • Update the network adapter driver.
    • If that doesn't work, roll back the network adapter driver.
    • Temporarily turn off firewalls.
    • Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware-prevention software.
    • Uninstall the network adapter driver and restart.
    • Use network reset to reinstall network devices. Note that this step is the last option if the first six steps doesn't really work.

For instructions regarding the above steps, you may refer to this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Karla Alm, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 says that "you are currently not connected to any networks" but my ethernet... - Similar Threads - Win10 says are

2. PC connected through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. Need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. Need...: So my PC is connected to the internet through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. I looked at the hardware and connection properties and for Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. I don't know where to go from here?...
  3. PC connected through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. Need...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC connected through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. Need...: So my PC is connected to the internet through ethernet but it says that I am not connected to any networks. I looked at the hardware and connection properties and for Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. I don't know where to go from here?...
  4. you are not connected to any networks.

you are not connected to any networks.: An ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.Plug this cable into the openning on the back or side of the computer.Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router.If that does not help,help try using a different cable....
  5. Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine

Win10 says I'm not connected to any networks ... but my wifi network is working just fine: We have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 running win 10 v 1909 18363.1139. Today, Oct 27 2020, out of nowhere, we cannot access the internet. The internet adapter is an Intel AC 9560. I can only see it in Device Manager if I click View>Show Hidden Devices. When I open Properties...
  6. Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks

Plugged in ethernet, but not connected to any networks: I reset my PC with the keep my files option. After the process was done when I opened Edge i could only reach pages saying "hmm... Can't reach this page" after trying just about everything I could fine as a fix I found that my computer is recognizing there is an ethernet...
  7. "You are not currently connected to any networks"

"You are not currently connected to any networks": But I'm online just fine. I can't change my profile location to private, and I can't make my computer register that it's connected with either my wifi or my ethernet. I've looked through the steps posted here, but to no avail. I don't even have the NetworkList key in my...
  8. Connected to Ethernet but windows says not connected to any network.

Connected to Ethernet but windows says not connected to any network.: Hi I am connected to the internet using ethernet and can access the internet but windows can't detect any networks and I can't access windows store or verify identity on PC. I have to change and set DNS and IP address every time I log in. Edit : I've tried resetting...
  9. "you are not currently connected to any networks" Internet is connect

"you are not currently connected to any networks" Internet is connect: I've used every trouble shooter and share option. Checked settings in services. Updated wireless adapter drivers, even used an USB wireless adapter 67481
  10. You are not currently connected to any networks

You are not currently connected to any networks: I have the following network adapters: [img] What if I disable all but the realtek controller? 76195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer no internet says I am not connected to a network