Windows 10: Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format

Discus and support Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just added a Canon PIXMA MX439 MP printer/scanner to Win10 laptop but Scar app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format. That's my primary file format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StanTheMann13, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format

Just added a Canon PIXMA MX439 MP printer/scanner to Win10 laptop but Scar app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format. That's my primary file format for scans. Can I convert the JPG/TIFF/BMP output to PDF?

:)

StanTheMann13, Oct 18, 2020
  2. KKACote Win User

PDF format not availabe from scanner

Windows 10 Scan app. PDF format is not available on the dropdown for my scanner. How do I scan to a pdf. Everything scans to a picture format only. I have an HP OfficetJet PROS 8035 printer/scanner and an HP Pavillion x360 laptop.. How can I get the
    scanner to scan in a pdf format.

KKACote, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Scanner PDF save problem

I have an Epson Pro 4990 Scanner which I have owned for several years and has always worked perfectly. I can scan photos or documents in jpeg format and save to file, but when I scan documents in PDF format and attempt to save the document an error message
    appears telling me to restart the scan. I can not save a PDF document from the scanner. If I download a PDF document from a website there is no problem saving the item. I have reinstalled the Epson 4990 software, uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader
    DC, but the problem persists. It appears that a recent Windows update has changed my settings as the scanner was working perfectly in the Fall of 2017.

Very frustrated!!!!!~!

NEIL CGEST, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format

1. Win10 Scanner app doesnt allow saving scans in PDF format - Similar Threads - Win10 Scanner app

2. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  3. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  4. Scan and save in PDF Help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan and save in PDF Help please: how to scan and save a documetn in pdf format in the windows scan app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-and-save-in-pdf-help-please/45145ddb-ff9f-44de-8463-72af5560e019
  5. How Do I Set my Windows 10 Scanner so that it Allows me to Save Scans as a pdf file?

How Do I Set my Windows 10 Scanner so that it Allows me to Save Scans as a pdf file?: How Do I Set my Windows 10 Scanner so that, upon scanning, it allows me to Save Scans as a pdf file, please? Thank you for your time. Even more so if you can help! Fraser...
  6. PDF format not availabe from scanner

PDF format not availabe from scanner: Windows 10 Scan app. PDF format is not available on the dropdown for my scanner. How do I scan to a pdf. Everything scans to a picture format only. I have an HP OfficetJet PROS 8035 printer/scanner and an HP Pavillion x360 laptop.. How can I get the scanner to scan in a...
  7. IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE: HELP! AFTER SCANNING THE DOCS. IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-scan-its-not-allowing-me-to-save/b03cd8c6-13d5-412e-b588-9af1469840c9
  8. Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File: Hey I have MFC-L3710CW Printer/Scanner and can not figure out how to scan multiple pages to one file and save it as PDF. My old computer I would just be able to scan it by hitting the scan button on my printer/scanner and it would scan right into a PDF file. Now with my...
  9. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?: My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn thing to save as PDF/ * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Opening a scanned item...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...