Windows 10: Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script

Discus and support Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want my computer to go into sleep mode at time x and wake up automatically at time y. I have created a sleep task and a wake up task in the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Benedikt, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Benedikt Win User

Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script

I want my computer to go into sleep mode at time x and wake up automatically at time y. I have created a sleep task and a wake up task in the task scheduler and disabled hibernation mode.

When I initiate sleep manually via the start menu, the computer seems to wake up reliably (additional testing required). However, when I use a batch file with the following content, the computer never wakes up:

Code: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0[/quote] Do you have any suggestions what could be the reason for this behavior?

Thank you!

:)

Benedikt, Jun 2, 2019
  2. joaquim m Win User

Anyone know a batch/script/program/exe that can put Windows 10 to sleep?

Can someone explain how to creat a task to wake him up,...

I follow the steps and create a task to wake up but it still doesn`t works,...

Bat file to sleep :

@echo off

psshutdown -d -t 0

exit

ok it goes to sleep

bat file to wake up from task

@echo off

hi

exit

Nothing happen onle when I click a key the computer wakes up.

thank you

joaquim m, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script

Whats the real world method to setup the Task Scheduler to wake a Windows 10 pc from sleep?

I am attempting to set up a task to wake Windows 10 from sleep at a set time of the day. All my attempts have failed. I have notice that some websites contain contradictory information as to what the correct program script and arguments to be
    entered into the task scheduler. I am currently using cmd.exe and Program/script. Has anyone ever gotten the task scheduler to work and wake a PC from sleep. What script and argument did you use?

CliffordSanford, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script

1. Win10 Scheduled wake up doesn't work if sleep is initiated from script - Similar Threads - Win10 Scheduled wake

2. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  3. HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep

HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep: I have to keep rebooting it to open again. What's wrong with sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep/f27345ca-48b0-4278-b0ff-e462a4f426d7
  4. Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own

Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own: My Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own. I've tried all the checks and changes recommended that I can find and none will work. I ran a "powercfg /requests" but am not sure how to read it. Is it saying that the VIA High Def Audio is the item causing a power-on...
  5. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep: Often when I wake my laptop from sleep, my trackpad stops working. I've enabled ctrl to show where the cursor is, and it does not move. The trackpoint does not work either. In "ELAN Trackpoint for..." it shows the trackpoint as off with the toggle greyed out. After multiple...
  6. Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 IPv4 not working after waking up from sleep: I have a few Win10 PC at home and they all start having network connection issue over WiFi since a few days ago, after Windows update. I did some troubleshooting and found the network issue happens when the PC wake up from sleep mode. And interesting enough only IPv4 is...
  7. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480