Windows 10: Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

Discus and support Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by angryemu, Mar 5, 2023.

1. angryemu Win User

Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive monitor, but also don't want to just "display off" because that doesn't force a login to resume so that my 3-year-old, who likes to mash my keyboard keys, doesn't mess anything up if I've stepped away for a few minutes too long. Sometimes I set my computer to download large applications gaming and school overnight, so I don't want the computer to sleep, either, as this will sometimes pause the downloads.Screen saver is set to start after 5 min

:)

angryemu, Mar 5, 2023

2. When will the Screen Saver and timeout functionality be operational in W10.

I have not had the Screen Saver or Timeout functionality available since I upgraded to WIN10 last year.

I tried all 3 Methods that were suggested and my screen saver and Timeout STILL do not work.

I can Timeout by pressing the Moon button on my new HP Keyboard.

I have an HP Pavilion 23 desktop computer.

Dave.Robinson16, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Muyfa666 Win User
    Win10 photos screen saver not working

Hi. Since a time back, my photos screen saver does not work anymore.

The preview works fine enough, but no screen saver ever starts after the time I set.

I have NUCi3BEH with Win10 Pro 20H2 with all drivers updated, all Store updates and all Windows updates.

I've tried some suggested fixes found by Google, but nothing helps.

It seems it's Windows screen savers in general that does not work, not only Photos.

Any suggestions please?

Muyfa666, Mar 5, 2023
  4. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

When will the Screen Saver and timeout functionality be operational in W10.

Last night I updated Win10 and restarted my computer. Screen Saver and Timeout still do not work.

Dave.Robinson16, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

1. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. - Similar Threads - Win10 screen saver

2. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  3. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  4. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working.: I've got a Dell AIO with Windows 11 and everything worked perfect. After the July 2023 updates KB5028851 and KB5028185, my screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working. Reading through a couple of the threads on the subject here I found a temporary fix for the...
  6. Screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working.

Screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working.: I've got a Dell AIO with Windows 11 and everything worked perfect. After the July 2023 updates KB5028851 and KB5028185, my screen saver, display timer and sleep timer stopped working. Reading through a couple of the threads on the subject here I found a temporary fix for the...
  7. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.: Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive monitor, but also don't want to just "display off" because that doesn't force a login to resume so that my 3-year-old, who likes...
  8. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.: Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive monitor, but also don't want to just "display off" because that doesn't force a login to resume so that my 3-year-old, who likes...
  9. Win10 photos screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 photos screen saver not working: Hi. Since a time back, my photos screen saver does not work anymore. The preview works fine enough, but no screen saver ever starts after the time I set. I have NUCi3BEH with Win10 Pro 20H2 with all drivers updated, all Store updates and all Windows updates. I've tried...
  10. Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows: How to: Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows How to Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait. Screen...