Windows 10: WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

Discus and support WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm actually so happy right now xD cuz I finally found the solution to this annoying issue. So some time ago, I configured my screen to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grateful Master, Sep 28, 2019.

1. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

Hey guys, I'm actually so happy right now xD cuz I finally found the solution to this annoying issue. So some time ago, I configured my screen to shut down after 1 min, but it only turned it off, it didn't lock it, which was my intention. So I went to screen saver options:

1. Go to desktop

2. Right click and select "Personalize"

3. Select "Lock screen"

4. Scroll down and select "Screen saver options"

Then I configured it to wait 1 min and clicked the "On resume, display logon screen" box, then "Apply" and "Ok". And it was done! It worked! After 1 min, my screen would shut down and lock screen would show up

So if you did the same thing and want to set a new time for your screen to shut down and get locked, just go to screen saver options again and select the minutes you want

You can also just uncheck the "On resume, display logon screen" box (this will turn off screen saver) and your screen will automatically shut down by the time specified in your Power plan's settings, but it will NOT get locked

Hope this helps

:)

Grateful Master, Sep 28, 2019

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Sep 29, 2019
  4. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

1. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!) - Similar Threads - WIN10 Screen won't

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  4. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  5. Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Screen won’t turn off after the specified time in Windows 10: Windows 10 allows users to turn off the monitor after a particular or preset time, allowing them to save power when running on battery. However, if the screen is not turning off after the specified time time in Windows 10, some settings need to be checked to troubleshoot this...
  6. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  7. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Support
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  8. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  9. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  10. Display won't turn off after specified time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...