Windows 10: Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

Discus and support Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,sometimes when I have set my Win10-PC to sleep mode and then wake it up, one of my 2 hard drives is not available. Explorer only shows the drives on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nikosch, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Nikosch Win User

Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

Hi,sometimes when I have set my Win10-PC to sleep mode and then wake it up, one of my 2 hard drives is not available. Explorer only shows the drives on the first hard drive.The second hard drive only is available after a reboot.Is it possible to wake up the second drive manually?

:)

Nikosch, Jul 27, 2021

2. second hard drive

Hi,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, it seems that the second hard drive is not recognized by your computer. For us to resolve the issue, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. Follow these steps on how to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click View all at the left pane of the window.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

1. Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up - Similar Threads - Win10 second hard

2. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep: each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn off the hard disk after in power options, and off in link state power management....
  3. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep: each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary SSD drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. I put 7777777 minutes for turn off the hard disk after in power options, and off in link state power management....
  4. 2nd SSD drive missing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 fltmgr.sys BSOD after waking up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 fltmgr.sys BSOD after waking up: Hello, I recently did a clean install Windows 10 because I was getting lots of BSOD. Then after the clean install, I always get BSOD when I wake up my laptop from sleep. OS and drivers are all up to date. I tried running sfc /scannow, DISM /online /cleanup-image...
  6. Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason: So to make this easy on everyone, I removed the drive letter to my hard drive.And it still spins up for no reason.Gigabyte Aurora Elite Intel 10th gen.All Microsoft drivers as far as storage goes.. Why???...
  7. Removing second Hard Drive Stops Win10 from booting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing second Hard Drive Stops Win10 from booting up: Can anybody tell me why Removing Second Possible Faulty Hard Drive stops Windows 10 from booting up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-second-hard-drive-stops-win10-from/f79b5af8-8fc5-4337-92be-1285e34e469d
  8. 2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep: I updated my Windows 10 yesterday. SInce then, each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary ssd drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. Is there a thing I can try other than go to a previous Windows version ? - - - Updated - - - Installing...
  9. 2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd ssd drive missing after wake up from sleep: I updated my Windows 10 yesterday. SInce then, each time I wake up from sleep, my secondary ssd drive is missing. I have to reboot the pc to see my ssd drive again. Is there a thing I can try other than go to a previous Windows version ? 131741
  10. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...