Windows 10: win10 settings with recovery installation

Discus and support win10 settings with recovery installation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I want to know something. Does win10 save PC settings (control panel and system panel) with Microsoft account? I am asking this as i have come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by awaixjvd, Sep 9, 2016.

1. awaixjvd Win User

win10 settings with recovery installation

Hi
    I want to know something. Does win10 save PC settings (control panel and system panel) with Microsoft account? I am asking this as i have come across some windows problems and i am going to run recovery. Obviously it will bring the system to factory settings and i had set the settings to my own liking within control panel and system panel. I wanted to know if i run recovery and then login with Microsoft account which was already login, will the settings change as i set them or not?

:)

awaixjvd, Sep 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 update (KB3176937/KB3176935/KB3189866) lost my personalized settings

Updates are not "secretly" installed in Win10 (Home), they're automatically
    installed.

Win10 Anniversary Update (Win10 1607) is a Feature update, not a normal Windows update. KB3193494 is a normal update which can be uninstalled. KB3176936 is a Servicing Stack update for Win10 1607 - it
    cannot be uninstalled.

You would go back to your previous version of Win10 via Settings |
    Update & security | Recovery.

If your PC is running Win10 1607, you can go back to Win10 1511 (or Win10 RTW) within ten (10) days of upgrading.

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Started Win 10 today and all settings are wiped

After using win10 for several weeks, all settings were wiped when I started this morning. Live Mail was blank. Desktop arrangement was reversed. Chrome and Firefox settings were wiped. Looks like a new installation. Guessing that there was a win10
    update. Is there a recovery option?

TedHammack, Sep 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if this is the procedure you mean, it tells you what happens:
    Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive - Windows 10 Forums

(I don't know if you're aware of disk imaging, strongly recommended here. Using this can help avoid time consuming clean installs and recovery etc and reinstalling all programs.... If you routinely create and update your images (compressed copied of your disks/partitions) you can easily restore them to quickly get your PC back to a previously working state when you have problems- even a failed drive. Also a full backup, and can help you move to a new PC.

E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for the images).

dalchina, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

1. win10 settings with recovery installation - Similar Threads - win10 settings recovery

2. Windows Recovery Failing (win10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Recovery Failing (win10): Hi, I am trying here after scouring google for a similar failure. This all started with my HP OMEN 15 (15-ce019dx) getting windows start failure after not using for several weeks. There was a Bad System Config Info failure. After much googling I decided to try a Windows...
  3. How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?: I made the mistake of deleting the Recovery & EFI partitions (long stupid story). Now I cannot load windows to do a Reset, nor even just install from a live USB drive. This is an Acer desktop (Predator G3 710), about 4 years old. Would it help to boot from a live Linux USB to...
  4. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions: Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives. I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of...
  5. Recovery drive on Win10

Recovery drive on Win10: Dear Community I'm running win10 home edition , I tried to create recovery drive, but ended up with the screen saying "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive" without any error code. Kindly refer the screenshot below and suggest me the...
  6. Win10 Recovery

Win10 Recovery: Hello, I had a win10 issue which required me to reload windows 10 from the installation disk i used same hardware, same PC name and same user name. I am using win10 file history for backups / recoveries. i have restored all my files to the new win10 system and would like...
  7. Recovery win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery win10: Did a refresh on my Dell Inspiron 11-3168. It is hung up at Hardware scan complete with no issues. Depress continue it wants to initialize PCie and test eMMc drive in process. Hard scan complete with no issues. The PC keeps going in this cycle all of the time. It will...
  8. Win10 recovery repair is looping

Win10 recovery repair is looping: Microsoft upgraded my Win7 HP Compaq nx7400 Laptop to Win10 free of charge and it worked fine. Hence I have no cd or dvd. Having already got Win10 on my PC and laptop which are working fine, I neglected to make a recovery usb for the HP laptop. I want to give the HP Laptop...
  9. Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?: With the newest recent builds of Win10, there still no time zone settings? Some people don't have Internet to synch with a time server during installation, so I hope MS will add support to let people set their time zones during installation of Win10. I am still stumped as...
  10. Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery

Fusion5 Win10 tablet recovery: I have a Fusion5 Win10 tablet that I want to reset but the recovery says I need to free up 2gb of space and the only thing I have on there is the OS. The drive is a 32gb SD card I want to reset it so I can sell the tablet....