Windows 10: Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

Discus and support Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Systems has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eth100, Jan 21, 2019.

1. eth100 Win User

Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

Systems has intermittent short freezes under heavy load. Reproducible using Kombustor and running 32 threads CPU stress... happens faster if also running GPU test.

Swapped Ram, PSU, multiple GPUs, and integrated GPU (what's running now). Latest Bios. Default bios settings. Reset windows. No errors on memory checks (pulled a ram from a working system to be safe)

The Kombustor crashes are related to starting HWINFO, also lots of reboots with some system confusion as I was swapping components..

I see a Hardware error at 7:40pm. Looks like its lost in a paging event.
    IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
    BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 3aa
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList
    BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList
    Thinking it's down to the CPU or MB... Thoughts?

:)

eth100, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Polo6RGTI Win User

2018 Hardware Thread

New Asus Z390 motherboards
    ASUS officially confirms Z390 / MAXIMUS XI motherboard series - VideoCardz.com
    https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/2018...90-chipsatz/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
    Maximus XI

• ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
    • ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE
    • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    • ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
    • ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
    • ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
    Z390 Strix

• ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
    Z390 Prime

• PRIME Z390-A
    • PRIME Z390M-PLUS
    • PRIME Z390-P
    Z390 TUF

• TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING
    • TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
    • TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING
    • TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
    • TUF Z390-PRO GAMING
    Z390 Dragon

• Z390-DRAGON

Win10 short freezes.  New 9900K+Asus Strix z390 [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Chryzs Win User
    Win 7 won't install on my ASUS Strix GL753VE

Hi,

I've been trying in many ways to install Windows 7 on my new ASUS Strix GL753VE, but after copying files and restarting, the computer freezes at Windows startup screen...

Configuration is:

• CPU: 2.8GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8 GHz (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5.
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR4.
    • Screen: 17.3-inch Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) anti-glare matte-type screen.
    • Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD (5,400RPM)

Heeeeeelp!

Chryzs, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

Asus Strix Z270E vs Asus Z270 IX Hero?

• Asus Strix Z270E $199.99
    • Asus Z270 IX Hero $229.99

The Strix has WiFi and the Hero doesn't.

Hero has more USB and the Strix doesn't.

That's all the difference that I can see.

what else, what thing has the Hero that makes me want it?. Why people buy it, instead of the Strix?.

RodoGodo19, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390

1. Win10 short freezes. New 9900K+Asus Strix z390 - Similar Threads - Win10 short freezes

2. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  3. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  4. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  5. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  6. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  7. Asus Strix Sound Card. New win10 install

Asus Strix Sound Card. New win10 install: New Windows10 install..all went well. Sound and devices all seen and working: microphone working as well Outputting sound to a stereo sound amp and speakers...again all was good. Reboot the system today, no sound. Did all the normal software steps: no help or change....
  8. Whea uncorrectable error with z390 msi carbon ac motherboard and 9900k

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea uncorrectable error with z390 msi carbon ac motherboard and 9900k: I've build a new computer and after about a month of using it i started getting Whea uncorrectable error. Iv'e tried all the diagnostics software on cpu and ram and it shows no error. What helps the most is if i go to bios setting and enable game mode on my z390 msi carbon ac...
  9. rog strix z390-E Gaming with Window 10 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rog strix z390-E Gaming with Window 10 issue: Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming Intel 9i installed Windows 10 - ended up asking for the recovery 4 DIMMS SLOT insert. SSD 2 TB KRAZEN 273 LL120 RGB whenever we boot computer we get blue screen saying that we need to repair our computer but whenever we select any...
  10. No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV

No audio in new ASUS ROG Strix G512LV: Hi, I recently purchased an ASUS ROG Strix G512LV running Windows 10. Originally the sound worked fine through the laptop's speakers, then a few weeks ago it stopped working, but was resolved by rolling the audio driver back from Audio_Realtek_Nahimic_ROG_V6089401 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus rog strix z390-e gaming freezing

2. asus z390 code window load hangs

3. asus rog strix z390-e short hangs and internet stops working

4. asus strix windows 10 freeze