Windows 10: Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account?

Discus and support Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Frustration! I'm very particular about date formats as I can't work with the US layout. Recently I noticed that the date formats in my spreadsheet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RafeNussey, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account?

Frustration! I'm very particular about date formats as I can't work with the US layout. Recently I noticed that the date formats in my spreadsheet reverted back to US. I noticed the display language had been reset back to US, but as it's a Win10 Home single language license, I can't change it back! I suspect either recent changes to my Microsoft account, or because of a Win10 update. Any suggestions, please?

:)

RafeNussey, Apr 10, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2020
  4. LucidKarn Win User

Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account?

Display Language - Windows 10 Home Single Language

I've just upgraded to Win10 Single Language and it chose my local language as display language. How can I change it back to English?

LucidKarn, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account?

1. Win10 single language - display language got changed by either update or microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Win10 single language

2. Change Language on Single Language License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Language on Single Language License: I was wondering if there was a way i could go about changing the language on my Windows single language? I bought it in Japan, i know a fair bit of Japanese but still having an English license would be convenient...I bought a cheap pro upgrade license key online on G2A and it...
  3. Change Language on Single Language License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Language on Single Language License: I was wondering if there was a way i could go about changing the language on my Windows single language? I bought it in Japan, i know a fair bit of Japanese but still having an English license would be convenient...I bought a cheap pro upgrade license key online on G2A and it...
  4. Change windows 11 single language display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  5. Change windows 11 single language display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  6. Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language: When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in Portuguese, which I don't speak very well. I read the tutorials and tried to change the display language to English via...
  7. Win10 display language doesn't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 display language doesn't change: Hi, I have Windows 10 Corporate 20H2 and I can't change default system language. It's Russian by default and remains the same even after downloading and installing English language pack. Sure, I rebooted the PC - nothing changes. I experience it for a week, so it is...
  8. Change language on single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change language on single language edition: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language edition? I bought my PC while living in China and would prefer it to be in English. I know that this version of Windows is restricted to just one language but it seems wrong that that one language...
  9. Changing language from single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing language from single language edition: Hi everyone. I have a laptop i bought a few time ago. It was sold with Chinese Windows home single language edition, so I can’t change the language on the settings. The question i have is can i update the language with a new windows key (not Pro version ) and without...
  10. win10 home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 home single language: How to download win10 home single language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-home-single-language/3660cc6f-ea9e-4022-88f7-3ee228445eaa