Windows 10: Win10 sleep mode not functional

Discus and support Win10 sleep mode not functional in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does anyone have a utility that will make a Win10 pc go into sleep mode similar to what the Win10 command Start- >Power->Sleep purportedly does ? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rider89pc, Jun 13, 2021.

1. rider89pc Win User

Win10 sleep mode not functional

Does anyone have a utility that will make a Win10 pc go into sleep mode similar to what the Win10 command Start- >Power->Sleep purportedly does ? The Win10 function would be fine if it worked. . . but it doesn't. I've done 4 rather lengthy procedures that are on the forums, updated drivers, etc to no avail. One would think that a manual user-activated command would override activity from anonymous processes and devices on a PC. What we have now is analogous to a lock on your front door that can be unlocked by anyone coming in from outside. How about a command that tells th

:)

rider89pc, Jun 13, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 13, 2021
  3. What happen to the sleep mode function?

Hi Jovijago,

Since the Sleep option is not available in both System and Power Sleep settings, I suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter to help us determine what might be causing this problem. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshoot, and select it in the search results.
    • Under Troubleshoot, click Power, then Run the troubleshooter.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let the troubleshooter finish and share with me the results. Please take note if you encounter further errors.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 13, 2021
  4. steve108 Win User

steve108, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 sleep mode not functional - Similar Threads - Win10 sleep mode

2. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  3. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?: Whenever I put the desktop Computer to SLEEP, and try to wake it up, it never wakes up and I have to Power OFF and POWER On. Is there a way to control or manage the SLEEP Function?...
  4. How can I control the SLEEP function in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sleep mode for Win10 PC's ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode for Win10 PC's ?: Is there a way to put a Win10 PC into power saving sleep mode? I know about clicking Start > Power > Sleep on the menus, but I'm looking for a way that actually functions....
  6. No sleep function in windows

No sleep function in windows: Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated 29/04/2021I have the up-to-date mother board drivers for my B550 Aorus Master for my Ryzen 3950X CPUI have followed all...
  7. Sleep function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep function: I recently updated with KB4601050,KB4023057,KB4580325. My sleep function was working perfect before the upgrading. Now even though the setting are the same in settings, the sleep function no longer works and the PC and displays are on constantly. Looking for how to fix...
  8. Sleep function: An issue

Sleep function: An issue: Hello, Today I put my pc to sleep and all was well. But, when I went to wake it up, I noticed that my fans were turning, but I was not receiving a post. My fix was hitting the reset switch on my chassis front panel. This defeats the purpose of the sleep function because it...
  9. wake/sleep function

wake/sleep function: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  10. Windows Sleep Function

Windows Sleep Function: I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of...