Windows 10: [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

Discus and support [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ah__--, Jan 26, 2022.

1. ah__-- Win User

[WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Event viewer logs show that 2 minutes after I put it to sleep the following occurs:Error: ACPI 5 - EVENT ID 56 - SOURCE: APPLICATION POPUPInformation: Just NTFS drive checks and other normal information logs

:)

ah__--, Jan 26, 2022
  2. kennff Win User

WIN10 Restarts System after "Shut Down" or "Sleep" functions are performed

WIN10 issue: After WIN10 shuts the computer down or places the computer in the sleep mode, WIN10 restarts without any human input. The only solution that works to date is to pull the plug on the computer once WIN10 shuts the computer down or places the
    computer into the Sleep Mode.

kennff, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

[WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Jan Del Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

1. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer - Similar Threads - WIN10 Sleep shuts

2. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  3. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  4. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  6. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  8. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...