Windows 10: Win10 slow to run executables

Discus and support Win10 slow to run executables in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is particularly noticeable on small apps I am used to seeing open the moment I click them. The best way I Can describe it I suppose its kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chrysalis, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Win10 slow to run executables

This is particularly noticeable on small apps I am used to seeing open the moment I click them. The best way I Can describe it I suppose its kind of lag a heavy a/v lag, but it even does it if I disable real time checking in defender.

I still have my win8 on another boot device I can boot to on demand and here is some figures, I did these by recording and slowing down the playback to estimate a time, the time is based on the app window appearing. Rounded to nearest tenth second. Both are from SSD, I also tested from spindle on win8 and it was faster than ssd on win10. Other performance metrics seem ok, there just seems to be some odd overhead on starting up programs.

Also office 365 is super fast so its not applying to every executable, I think the pattern seems to be "older" programs.

Securecrt
    Win 8 0.1 seconds
    Win 10 1.9 seconds

Keeppass
    Win 8 0.1 seconds
    Win 10 0.7 seconds

:)

Chrysalis, Jan 31, 2021

2. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Win10 slow to run executables

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Win10 slow to run executables

1. Win10 slow to run executables - Similar Threads - Win10 slow run

2. Help. My Win10 is running slow.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help. My Win10 is running slow.: My Win10 aka my host machine is running slow. It's disc is full, I have 504 GB of memory, 32GB of ram. It uses a Intel 3rd generation chipset, and a retro motherboard. I used to have a virus called Chromnius but I deleted it....
  3. Help. My Win10 is running slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help. My Win10 is running slow.: My Win10 aka my host machine is running slow. It's disc is full, I have 504 GB of memory, 32GB of ram. It uses a Intel 3rd generation chipset, and a retro motherboard. I used to have a virus called Chromnius but I deleted it....
  4. Help. My Win10 is running slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute: This annoyance is still evident in Windows 11 22H2, perhaps because it's deeply embedded in the code or of very low priority, Many years ago, it was referred to MS high level support.When assigned shortcut keys are used to launch a program there is a delay - usually about...
  6. Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute: This annoyance is still evident in Windows 11 22H2, perhaps because it's deeply embedded in the code or of very low priority, Many years ago, it was referred to MS high level support.When assigned shortcut keys are used to launch a program there is a delay - usually about...
  7. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  8. Slow Loading and executing programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Loading and executing programs: My pc began to slow down shortly after the update at the beginning of December 2019. It continued until yesterday when the system would not open a program or icon. I originally thought that my MS Office 2016 programs were corrupted since I could not get Outlook to open. I...
  9. Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?: Hello My Windows 10 (x64) laptop is running very slow. How do I find out why? Background: - I have loads of disk space 315GB is free (on a 512GB solid state disk) - My Windows Task Manager doesn't seem too busy (usually at c. 10 to 20%) - Hardware: - Model: Samsung Series...
  10. Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my Win10 PC running so slow?: Hello My Windows 10 (x64) laptop is running very slow. How do I find out why? Background: - I have loads of disk space 315GB is free (on a 512GB solid state disk) - My Windows Task Manager doesn't seem too busy (usually at c. 10 to 20%) - Hardware: - Model: Samsung Series...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winexec too slow windows 10