Windows 10: Win10 sound lost after FastUserSwitch (FUS), unlike Win7

Discus and support Win10 sound lost after FastUserSwitch (FUS), unlike Win7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a similar problem under dial-up on Win7 when I lost the connection which I made on my admin LID (logon ID), and then switched to the Guest LID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MtheK, Aug 28, 2016.

1. MtheK Win User

Win10 sound lost after FastUserSwitch (FUS), unlike Win7

I had a similar problem under dial-up on Win7 when I lost the
    connection which I made on my admin LID (logon ID), and then switched
    to the Guest LID (ERROR_FAST_USER_SWITCH). I fixed this by ensuring
    that the adapter had Owner=System (B 4, it was my admin LID). WiFi
    always worked (it was already System).

However, under Win10, after FINALLY feeling safe to open up WiFi
    (after implementing a "system" to (hopefully) ensure I avoid the
    "Microsoft Virus" MALWARE (ie: FORCING Win10 on a working Win7
    system, and FORCING WinUpd fixes)), with Owner=System, while
    streaming an audio URL under the Guest LID (GuestX; made using a
    previous post in this forum), when I switched back to my admin LID,
    the sound was lost. When I switched back to the Guest LID, the sound
    came back on, meaning it was still playing(running).

This loss of sound occurs for other .wavs played under my admin LID
    while logged onto the Guest LID (reverse of the above), but not for
    all. In particular, tasks under WTS (Task Scheduler) w/highest
    priviledge and as SERVICES (per TASKLIST) DO still sound under the
    admin LID even while in the Guest LID, but other tasks (in
    particular, a previous post of mine which restored sounding my
    personal .wav during logon via WTS) as CONSOLE do NOT (latter easily
    test-able since my .wav is 17sec long yet goes quiet when I do a FUS
    while it's playing/sounding(hearing) (per PROCMON)).

Is there some setting/registry hack on Win10 to keep the CONSOLE
    audio stream sounding on the Guest LID while switching back to the
    admin LID, and vice-versa, a la under Win7? Or does this become just
    another reason (now problem# 45 for me, 8 still pending, btx Win7 and
    Win10) to stay off of Win10, or, at a minimum, don't do a FUS (for
    me, I have to run an additional CONSOLE task under the Guest LID to
    basically repeat playing the sound that would normally be heard under
    the admin LID)?

And please don't bother responding with "install the current
    fixes"; if you can't come up w/a specific KB#, that kind of guess
    isn't a solution, and usually causes/breaks even MORE things (as I've
    already experienced, MANY TIMES, which forced me, MANY (and now LAST)
    TIMES, to restore the entire hard drive from a current backup!).
    The problem I had in Win7, and its' answer, WAS a solution.

Thankx for your time...

:)

MtheK, Aug 28, 2016

2. lost my 64 bit programs

After win10 upgrade I lost all abilities of a 64 bit system. Im lost on how this happened, I had no problems with my my win7 ULt 64bit system before the install. Help

NickNitkiewicz, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Recovery of Windows 10

I have two laptops, one is updated from Vista, to Win7 and to Win10, everything was picture perfect! I did a recovery right after installing Win10, then I did a clean install and did a recovery on USB after clean install.. Not one problem. So I thought
    how simple it would be on my bigger/newer Laptop with Win8.1. Update was good, the first USB recovery was good, then I did a clean install.. wow, lost my sound, lost some MSVCP100.dll, after getting new drivers for sound, printer and the dll straightened
    out I tried to do a USB recovery and it said it couldn't do it, no errors given it just said no.

Any ideas?

Oh, I did have one problem with the Vista update. It seems now I have to have my video card updated to support openGL!?! How do I fix that. A favorite game that I have been playing on that laptop since Vista, and then Win7, now since installing Win10,
    I need to update my video card. How and where?

koolnightes, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

Win10 sound lost after FastUserSwitch (FUS), unlike Win7

1. Win10 sound lost after FastUserSwitch (FUS), unlike Win7 - Similar Threads - Win10 sound lost

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  5. Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...: Hi, can you help me with this please. I am running Win10 on an old laptop, which originally came with OEM Win7, certificate of authenticity attached from when I first bought this laptop. I did a Windows "refresh" to cure problems after recent update (couldn't fix via...
  6. Win10 from Win7 activation key lost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 from Win7 activation key lost: Hi everyone, I'll try to be as brief as possible with this matter: I used to have an old VAIO laptop back when Windows 10 was released, and there was the chance to update from my original activation of Windows 7. I did so, then gave this laptop to a realtive, and just got...
  7. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  8. after the win7 to win10

after the win7 to win10: I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the...
  9. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  10. Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela

Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela: Hi, My disk contains 5 partitions: part1 = ntfs-win10 free upgrade of win home premium (primary) Part2 = ntfs-win7 home premium (primary) Part3 = ext3-Extended (logical) Part4 = ext3-LM rafaela (extended) Part5 = swap (extended) This setup worked good. Part2 win7...