Windows 10: Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

Discus and support Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, My PC reboots spontaneously while playing games since the last update to 1909. It all worked flawlessly before. No real info about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [Jean.Paul], May 16, 2020.

1. Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

Hello,

My PC reboots spontaneously while playing games since the last update to 1909. It all worked flawlessly before.

No real info about the cause in the Event Viewer, just "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I went through the logs various times, but no indications whatsoever of what causes this.

Any idea what could be wrong? It is quite annoying.

Kind regards.

:)

[Jean.Paul], May 16, 2020
  2. GIL
    gil Win User

Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

3. shifless Win User
    Lumia 1020 spontaneously reboots

There are times when my Lumia 1020 spontaneously reboots. It seems to happen most often while I'm playing one of the Microsoft Solitaire Collection games. Is there a fix underway for this issue?

Thanks,

Ken

shifless, May 16, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

1. Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909 - Similar Threads - Win10 spontaneously rebooting

2. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  3. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  4. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Rebooted While Playing Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Rebooted While Playing Game: I received this in my Event Viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x000000000000009a, 0x000000000010c0d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. I have an HP Omen 40L 3070 i7 12700k 32gb ram 2TB SSD that came with an air cooler, just...
  6. Computer Rebooted While Playing Game

Computer Rebooted While Playing Game: I received this in my Event Viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x000000000000009a, 0x000000000010c0d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. I have an HP Omen 40L 3070 i7 12700k 32gb ram 2TB SSD that came with an air cooler, just...
  7. Rebooting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  8. Rebooting while playing games

Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  9. reboot while playing games.

reboot while playing games.: i have changed my cpu 3600x to 3100 and no reboots have happened so far not a real test as it has been a couple of hours since i have done this. but i came a cross driver verifier and i decided to give it a try. upon trying it the pc crashes almost instantly. ill upload the...
  10. Unexpected reboots since last update

Unexpected reboots since last update: System Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.867 Since the update on 11/03/2021 I have had 4 occurences of an unexpected reboot. The first of these occurred on 12/03/2021. No warning is given, no blue screen, the screen just goes black and then the boot...