Windows 10: Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

Discus and support Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password while installing the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by makhan10, Feb 7, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password

while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account.

:)

makhan10, Feb 7, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

The only real difference is when a UAC prompt comes up in a standard user account instead of just having a yes or no button, it will ask for an administrator account username and password.

newtekie1, Feb 7, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

1. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password - Similar Threads - Win10 standard account

2. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  3. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  4. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  5. Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!

Asking for Standard User Account password which I did not set any to it!: Hi: Anytime I try to open UACUser Account Control oe other features to make changes a dialog box displays message asking me for a password for the user which I has set as a standard user type and did not set a password for it. I have tried and logged in with my Microsoft...
  6. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  7. remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove protected password administrator account in Win10?: I pressed win logo + R and unchecked users must name and password. Why is my account still showing password protected? This has always been my Microsoft Account?...
  8. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  9. Change a standard account password

Change a standard account password: My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?...
  10. Change from standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....