Windows 10: Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

Discus and support Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.S._487, Jan 24, 2021.

1. M.S._487 Win User

Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763

When I delete all the tiles/tile groups from the start menu and add my own ones/make my own sorting, everything is restored to default after the next reboot, i.e. the groups are back and my custom tiles are gone.

I use Win10 Home, latest version but the problem occurs since I bought the pc years ago, desktop mode never switched to tablet mode

What can I do? Thanks in advance

:)

M.S._487, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot - Similar Threads - Win10 Start Menu

2. start menu tiles win10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu tiles win10 version 2004: I am a long time reader of this forum. Never posted but find it very informative. It this time I am looking for a little help with a problem I created. I have been using a little program called "Pin It" by a Sergi But... Absolutely love it, but I accidentally deleted it the...
  3. Arranging Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arranging Tiles: This is a simple somewhat inconsequential question regarding the normal behavior of tiles on the start screen of Windows 10. What is the grid or pattern for arranging say, medium size tiles? When I attempt to move a tile, I see the title bar appear and I move the tile over...
  4. Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zuh3nt5hd6a51.png?width=397&format=png&auto=webp&s=db2791f3d05873b8399f06e366eec8e7d014fb24 submitted by /u/jaaaamis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5kno/empty_start_menu_after_getting_rid_of_tiles/
  5. Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong

Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong: Has anyone reported the misspelled title in the Start Menu's Tile section; Web Browers? If not, thought you should know. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-start-menu-tile-title-wrong/6f630f1c-e5e2-4988-bc24-b1942ae933a3
  6. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.: Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft....
  7. Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot

Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot: Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I reboot, some of my Start menu apps tiles are resized and greyed out. Manually resizing them and repositioning them is a workaround but that shoudn't be necessary in the first place. Seems like a simple problem with a hopefully...
  8. Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.

Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.: Hey guys, I am having a problem with Windows 10, I can't pin/unpin tiles from Start Menu. I can't even drag and re-arrange them. This started happening after I installed massive malware source on my PC and it installed yessearch all over the system. It deleted Firefox and...
  9. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...
  10. Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in: This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start screen. This also happened last night under the same seemingly random conditions. Unsure of what caused it, but logging out and...