Windows 10: win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind...

Discus and support win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my son got a new computer, it has windows 10, and after the last update some days ago, no windows features worked, we tried everything we could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rikke Petersen, Nov 11, 2018.

1. win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind...

So my son got a new computer, it has windows 10, and after the last update some days ago, no windows features worked, we tried everything we could think of, repair and check for errors. The computer said there were no errors or problems, yet no programs that were windows were working, like any apps or edge. Chrome worked but it couldn't download, and no games that launched via windows like minecraft would work. We did of course try a restore point, but they were all corrupted, and so I did a factory reset, thinking that we could go back to square 1, like i've done with so many other computers. Problem is now that its stuck on the start up after the reset, it asks for your country and language, and then asks 'why was my computer rebooted?" hinting at a network problem. I have tried with a LAN connection, thinking the wifi might be wonky, but it says the exact same thing - and before you ask, then I stuck the LAN cable into my computer which i am using now, and the internet is just fine, so is the cable.

So we did a hard reboot 3 times to enter into the menu where you can run chckdsk and repair - but everything is locked behind 'defaultuser0' and is non accessible, I have scoured the net for a solution and the defaultuser0 seems to be a bug that some suffers with, so this is not a password issue, cause there IS no password.

There is no dvd (the computer doesn't have a dvd port to begin with) and there is no dongle that i know of, I was not with him when he bought the computer.

I am leaning towards a hardware issue, but I don't know since I can't run any type of diagnostics tool.

But is the only solution really to find a different win10 ISO file on a dongle, because that is going to be difficult - Or should I just give up and hand it over to a repair shop.

I'm sorry if I am repeating something others said before me, but I seem to have two problems in one, both the reboot sequence and the defaultuser0 bug.

:)

Rikke Petersen, Nov 11, 2018
  2. AdGL Win User

Complete Win 10 reset and cleanup is stuck

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Restart resulted in getting stuck on 1% for about 8-10 hours. After that I experienced the restart-loop. Then I got out the installation USB and tried to repair, restore and all the various other solutions, before I ended up having to do a complete reinstall
    of win10.

Now it runs (more or less) like a clock.

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 11, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind...

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind...

1. win10 stuck in a loop after complete reset, no dvd or usb - everything locked behind... - Similar Threads - win10 stuck loop

2. Infinite loop after reseting Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loop after reseting Win10: I have a Dell laptop. I used the reset option to wipe out personal files and reinstall windows. After going through each if the set up steps, basics, network, services, etc. It loops back to basics again and starts right back at choose a language. The computer does not...
  3. Infinite loop after reseting Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite loop after reseting Win10: I have a Dell laptop. I used the reset option to wipe out personal files and reinstall windows. After going through each if the set up steps, basics, network, services, etc. It loops back to basics again and starts right back at choose a language. The computer does not...
  4. Infinite loop after reseting Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on reset loop after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on reset loop after update: Hi guys, I got an HP laptop a few days ago, it was/ is linked to my gmail account as login when it Asks for online or offline user account.Today after an update I’m stuck on a loop of Windows is updating and then just resetting all the time. I can’t get it to boot into safe...
  6. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  7. After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.: Windows 10. Windows was frozen and locked me out so I had to restart the computer using hard shut down. Once it was back to login screen, I put in my password and it was spinning in the login screen and it loaded the desktop. I tried couple more times. I tried Safe Mode...
  8. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  9. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  10. Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop

Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop: Preface- this is a laptop of a computer illiterate friend. Knowing win10 had a built in tool to do a clean install, I offered to run it for her. Alas, I am apparently not as literate as I'd like to think. The computer in question is an Acer Cloudbook AO1-431-C8G8. It came...