Windows 10: Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point.

Discus and support Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not an IT person so please be kind if I'm not explaining this properly! The PC is stuck in a blue screen loop, auto repair doesn't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Izzy1968, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Izzy1968 Win User

Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point.

Hi,

I'm not an IT person so please be kind if I'm not explaining this properly!

The PC is stuck in a blue screen loop, auto repair doesn't work. I went online and tried the following in CMD: sfc scannow, cksdsk scan, chkdsk /f and chkdsk /r. chkdsk found one volume bitmap error but it was fixed with /f. Other than that, no errors, no cluster problems found when running /r.

Still doesn't boot, stuck in blue screen.

Tried to restore from 3 different points - the oldest one being October 8th 2020, but none worked. Getting error 0x80070002.

It's my mother's PC, so I doubt she ever created a recovery CD.

Any suggestions on what I should try now?

Thanks,

Izzy

:)

Izzy1968, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point.

win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point.

1. Win10 - Stuck in blue screen boot loop, scans done, can't restore to previous point. - Similar Threads - Win10 Stuck blue

2. restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop: I had accidentally upgraded to windows 11, so I looked up a way to go back to windows 10 and now it is restoring my pervasive version of windows but it blue screens every time. how do I fix this?...
  3. restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop: I had accidentally upgraded to windows 11, so I looked up a way to go back to windows 10 and now it is restoring my pervasive version of windows but it blue screens every time. how do I fix this?...
  4. restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?: I have a drive with a subfolder that has suddenly disappeared. I can view the folder in a previous version but I'm worried that restoring the folder will eliminate any work that has been done after the restore point. Will restoring the folder delete any new work? Is there...
  6. Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?: I have a drive with a subfolder that has suddenly disappeared. I can view the folder in a previous version but I'm worried that restoring the folder will eliminate any work that has been done after the restore point. Will restoring the folder delete any new work? Is there...
  7. Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Stuck in Blue screen and boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Blue screen and boot loop: I have ran a scan for viruses using malwearebytes and it said i had some threats, i quarantined them and restarted. And now im stuck in blue screen and cant enter safe mod nor have any restore points....
  9. Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop: Hello Everyone, I have two hard drives in my Laptop. One is an SSD in whichWindows 10 OS is installed and I had installed Ubuntu in my other hard drivewhich is a HDD DDR4. I uninstalled Ubuntu completely now and restored the bootsettings to Windows 10 back through the Boot...
  10. System restore to the previous point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore to the previous point: I am planning to restore my laptop to a previous point.I have made some changes to the settings of third party applications like eclipse.But these settings are changed recently i.e after the date that which I want to restore to.Once I restore to that date,will the settings go...