Windows 10: Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!

Discus and support Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built my PC in January and never had any big problems. A couple of days ago, it just started to not shutdown anymore (To turn it off i have to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brokeupwithmemes, May 14, 2020.

1. Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!

I built my PC in January and never had any big problems. A couple of days ago, it just started to not shutdown anymore (To turn it off i have to use force-shutdown by pressing the button for a couple of seconds). For some reason it shut down normally earlier today, when i pressed shutdown in the login-screen of Win10.

I updated Win10 but that didnt solve it. I turned of fastboot and tried to play with the power settings but it still wont shut down normally anymore. I tried unplugging any USB-Devices and see if that changes anything but no success so far. I googled alot, but any of the fixes i found dont fix it. My Drivers are up to date aswell.

I dont want to force-shutdown every single time, so is there any way to get it to shutdown again?

submitted by /u/brokeupwithmemes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brokeupwithmemes, May 14, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 14, 2020
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, May 14, 2020
  4. Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!

1. Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice! - Similar Threads - Win10 stuck Shutdown

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  4. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  5. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  7. Can't get "Win10 mobile hotspot" to work. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get "Win10 mobile hotspot" to work. Need advice.: I'm sure I had this working before sometime in the past, but now that I'm running 1909 and actually wanting to use the facility, naturally it no longer works. I've done lots of searching, and have found many "solutions" from assorted sources. But no matter what I try I still...
  8. New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify: I build my own machines, but not often. This is my first build in almost 7 years, and my first AMD. I'm excited, but a little lost in the woods. Yesterday, after an install of IrfanView went awry somehow, Windows stole my file associations and made it difficult to get them...
  9. Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!: Hi guys please have paitence with me on the installation of Win10 on the go environment! I've been reading alot and have not yet put it into practice yet. Waiting for a USB3.0 Scandisk Extreme 32GB to be delivered I want to use on win10. I've collected loads of software...
  10. Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10: Hi I am new here. I need to update my laptop and my desktop, both of which are running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. On both computers there is quite a lot of software installed and Window 8.1 is quite old and running rather slowly... A) I should do a clean install ? If so...