Windows 10: Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks

Discus and support Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bought Win10 and let it upgrade my Lenovo ThinkPad from Win7 several weeks ago. Now the virus protection repeats updating virus definition... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by john lee sf, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks

Bought Win10 and let it upgrade my Lenovo ThinkPad from Win7 several weeks ago. Now the virus protection repeats updating virus definition 1.307.2526.0 but failed each timing after downloading and installing. The message is "internet and connection problem" and there is problem as far as I can tell with internet connectivity.

Tried Troubleshooting update issues for Microsoft Security Essentials, Step 6: Manually install:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinID=87341

Click Run. Got no response.

:)

john lee sf, Feb 17, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 17, 2020
  3. virus and spyware definition

I followed the steps as suggested, and hence the problem got solved that time. But now again the virus definition is not getting updated. Its showing the same problem again. Any long term solution?

AbhinavSrivastav_790, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks

Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

Good Morning

For the last 3 weeks I for some reason can't update windows Defender. It's stuck on downloading.

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.275.1086.0)

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.652.0)

Once the update doesn't work I get the following error message:

Code:
    [b]Error 0x80070003 while downloading update for Windows Defender.
    [/b]
    I've tried everything also methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Try below given method if issue persist.

Method 2:

If issue persist I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net stop bits
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop appidsvc
      • net stop cryptsvc
    • Rename the softare distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
      • Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    • Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net start bits
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start appidsvc
      • net start cryptsvc
    • Restart your PC and check if it works.
    Method 3:

The system file may have got corrupted due to corruption in system file. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

PierreCoetzee1, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks

1. Win10: Stuck with failure virus definition update 1.307.2526.0 for several weeks - Similar Threads - Win10 Stuck failure

2. Virus and Spyware definition update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Spyware definition update.: Tried multiple times updating definition but it still says of of date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware-definition-update/250ae572-fed5-452e-9fac-c56fd78ccd09
  3. Auto update of Virus Definitions

Auto update of Virus Definitions: Windows 10 Home 20H2 Virus & Threat protection update was happening automatically till about a month back. Windows Update is also not automatic. Now, I need to click Check for Updates to get new definitions. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter which found no...
  4. update virus and spyware definitions

update virus and spyware definitions: I am unable to update my virus and spyware definitions. The update goes partway, then freezes - no matter what I do. any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-virus-and-spyware-definitions/6dea28f8-15a9-4c77-a3a0-77b1a2f21349
  5. windows defender virus definitions wont update because of connection failure.

windows defender virus definitions wont update because of connection failure.: how do you ficx windows defender virus defintions update internet connection failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-definitions-wont-update/8981e350-ec80-4de4-b8e1-56902461a709
  6. latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0: Anyone having issue with the latest defender definition, it is stuck downloading at 0 percent for about 20 mins now. I rebooted and tried again, it found the update but still sticks on downloading Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition...
  7. updating virus and spyware definition

updating virus and spyware definition: when I try to update my virus and spyware definitions the feedback message it gives me is that .this app couldn't check for virus and spyware definition updates. I used a wifi network which was strong enough but still thus the feedback,i need help to fix this problem...
  8. updating Virus and spyware definitions

updating Virus and spyware definitions: All of a sudden since 25 June 2018 the Virus and Spyware definitions is not getting updated and it says the PC status Potentially unprotected...
  9. Laptop stuck on 0% updating for several days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck on 0% updating for several days: My partner's laptop is completely stuck on the updating page after a restart and several days later it will not go further than 0%. When I checked online for a solution every method seemed to suggest that the update was running in the background, whereas with my partner's we...
  10. Updated to Win10: Now Windows Update stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated to Win10: Now Windows Update stuck at 0%: I updated to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool (directly, not with USB or Disk). Everything appears to be fine except Windows Update now does not appear to work. It is stuck on 0%. [img] Not sure why, not sure how to resolve the issue. 12560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows kb2267602