Windows 10: win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game

Discus and support win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; win10 decides to switch to high performance when i launch a game and even when i alt tab it goes back to my custom plan. i tried every solution it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ahmetmahiroğlu, Oct 11, 2019.

1. win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game

win10 decides to switch to high performance when i launch a game and even when i alt tab it goes back to my custom plan. i tried every solution it seems, finally i added "high performance" plan to power settings and changed the cpu usage but when i launch a game windows creates its own seperate "high performance" plan with max cpu usages. i guess updates caused it but i just want to revert it since when in high performance mode fans and temperatures go crazy. im so frustrated at this point any help would be appreciated ty !

:)

ahmetmahiroğlu, Oct 11, 2019

2. Power Plan automatically changing at game launch

I had noticed my PC wasn't going to sleep as expected. What I found was the power plan had switched from my custom Balanced plan to the High Performance plan.

I've been able to reproduce this by launching a game with the control panel power options window up in my other monitor. The radio button changes from balanced to high performance when the game is launched.

I attempted to create a custom profile and made that my preferred profile. When launching a game, it switches my preferred profile to high performance.

It never switches back either unless I manually change it.

What are possible causes of this? I've looked around the AMD gaming software settings (GPU is RX 480 on a custom built desktop) to see if there's something in there that's responsible but didn't identify a setting that looks to be responsible. (And even if there was, wouldn't it change the profile back when I exit out of the game? It never does.)

Doing some initial searching on the internet didn't turn up anyone else with the same problem. Any thoughts?

monitorless, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Jalenp Win User
    My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

Hi I have tried all of these and the problem is still occurring when I also looked in registry the preffered power plan is already set to balanced, but it is still keep switching to high performance mode power plan. Every time I restart the laptop it
    is in high performance mode and even when I change back to balanced it keeps switching back to high performance mode.

Jalenp, Oct 11, 2019
  4. win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game

1. win10 switching power plan to high performance when i launch a game - Similar Threads - win10 switching power

2. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  3. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  4. High performance power plan disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High performance power plan disappeared: Hi, My name is Miko , I have dell G15 with Windows 10I was using High performance mode in power plan from control panelBut suddenly it disappeared so I chose the balanced modeNow I can't restore it and the laptop is running slowI need help and I need to restore and use high...
  5. High Performance Power Plan Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance Power Plan Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 and I changed my power plan to "Balanced" just to try it out and when I went back into Control Panel to change it back to "High Performance", it was not there anymore. I tried a lot of suggested fixes that are on the internet but...
  6. High performance power plan missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High performance power plan missing: Hi, so it seems like high performnace power plan is missing in my new pc. I've tried a lot of methods, but they didn't work.PS: I already made a post about this, but no one replied....
  7. High Performance when choosing power plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance when choosing power plans: Hello Microsoft employee, While trying to create a power plan, when trying to choose out of three options Balanced, Power saver, and High performance it automatically makes me choose Balanced as the only option and won't let me change it to the other two options. When...
  8. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

in Windows 10 Support
    autounattend.xml High Performance power plan: In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power plan exists and you have to create whatever plan you want. Using Windows System Image Manager, I created an autounattend.xml...
  9. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  10. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee