Windows 10: WIN10 System Freezes

Discus and support WIN10 System Freezes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. My system freezes for no apparent reason All that can be done is to power off then power on. I can go for days without this situation. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarvinWB, Apr 13, 2020.

1. MarvinWB Win User

WIN10 System Freezes

Hi. My system freezes for no apparent reason
    All that can be done is to power off then power on.
    I can go for days without this situation. The system logs are cryptic.
    Is there a scan or utility than can be run to prevent this from reoccurring?

Thank you.

:)

MarvinWB, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 13, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 13, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

WIN10 System Freezes

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

WIN10 System Freezes

1. WIN10 System Freezes - Similar Threads - WIN10 System Freezes

2. system freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system freezes: I have a problem with my lap top freezing when I run Norton Internet security on a full system scan. I am using win 11 Home, 500GB SSD, i7 and 16gb ram. The supplier of my lap top does not seem to be able to help me and has no suggestions as to what has caused the...
  3. WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio: System WIN10 latest update, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, video RX570, 16 GB RAM. All drivers video, sound, BIOS latest update.The system freezes after a certain time operating sound. This depends on the programme used but with more or less previsible timing, eg. TV streaming after about...
  4. WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio: System WIN10 latest update, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, video RX570, 16 GB RAM. All drivers video, sound, BIOS latest update.The system freezes after a certain time operating sound. This depends on the programme used but with more or less previsible timing, eg. TV streaming after about...
  5. WIN10 system freeze after certain with audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Win10 Random freezing

Win10 Random freezing: Had been having random freezing and occasional BSODs for months and months. I tried everything I could find online at least once without success until I found PassMark Burnin Test which I thought I would try as I suspected it was something to do with the graphics card and...
  7. WIN10 Freezes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIN10 Freezes?: Has anyone else experienced Windows 10 freezing after refreshing the background, or just switching applications? It doesn’t happen all the time, but when I refresh the background or try to open up Radeon settings sometimes it leaves the lettering there stuck. I can still...
  8. System Freeze

System Freeze: My system began locking up on rare intervals becoming steadily more frequent to the point now where it will lock up on the login screen. The screen and mouse pointer will become unresponsive, but never do I get a an error message. The only thing I can do at that point is...
  9. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Freezing, no BSOD: For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps...
  10. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

Win10 Freezing, no BSOD: For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps...