Windows 10: Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

Discus and support Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, I have been having a bit of difficulty with restoring a Windows System Image backup from my external Hard Drive. While it wrote to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Darthwampa, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

Good Afternoon, I have been having a bit of difficulty with restoring a Windows System Image backup from my external Hard Drive. While it wrote to the hard drive fine, the windows doesn't seem like it wants to detect it in order to restore. So far I have tried using another External Hard drive and an extra Internal Hard Drive by copying the WindowsImageBackup folder (and it's contents), however it still doesn't seem to want to say it has found a backup. I've tried scouring the internet with not much luck.

The .vhdx files mount fine in disk management so I am not worried about losing the files, however I would much prefer to actually restore the system image in full to the main hard drive. I've thought about trying to restore it from the vhdx directly, however I haven't had much luck with information on that either.

So to sum it up, I have a Windows System Image that doesn't detect, but has perfectly fine vhdx files.

Other information:
    • My system has 4 Internal hard drives although only my windows installation drive is backed up and I have 1 internal drive to mess around with for internal connections if needed

:)

Darthwampa, Dec 2, 2016

2. having downloaded win10 i am unable to restore to win 7 . Where can i find my win 7 backup and system image which preceeded the win10 download.

having downloaded win10 i am unable to restore to win 7 . Where can i find my win 7 backup and system image which preceeded the win10 download. I am within the 30 day Microsoft choice period. Thanks

JOSEPHO'REGAN, Dec 2, 2016
  3. wepeck Win User
    I am unable to run win7 backup/restore after upgrading to win10.

When I try to run win7 backup after upgrading to win10 I get the following error message

" an internal error has occurred the specified resource name cannot be found in the media file

0x80070716". Running the file checker indicated that the "service registration is missing or corrupt"

but I was unable to get the location or name of the file. I'm thinking that the backup exe is somewhere

in the windows.old folder but am unable to locate. How do I get the Win7 backup/restore to function?

Without it I am unable to do a system image backup of win10.

wepeck, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Ryan1991 Win User

Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

Hey Mate, i know it is a very old post and i apologies in the beginning if i am bothering you with my reply but did you find a solution to this issue because i am kinda facing the same problem as you.

Ryan1991, Jan 28, 2018
Thema:

Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

1. Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup - Similar Threads - Win10 System Image

2. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup: I have an old Dell pc with Windows 10including updates installed on it. I'm using the pc only to educate myself on different admin type processes like restoring, repairing, etc. I want to restore a Windows 10 from an Image File, among other processes, because I want to know...
  3. Unable To Do A System Image Backup Using Windows Backup Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To Do A System Image Backup Using Windows Backup Restore: As shown below it says I have plenty of room on Local Disk E: to save a back up to. 396gb free.After I start it shows an error shown below saying there is not enough disk space. Why?...
  4. Unable To Do A System Image Backup Using Windows Backup Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Do A System Image Backup Using Windows Backup Restore: As shown below it says I have plenty of room on Local Disk E: to save a back up to. 396gb free.After I start it shows an error shown below saying there is not enough disk space. Why?...
  5. Unable To Do A System Image Backup Using Windows Backup Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. backup and restore system image fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  7. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  8. Combinte backup and restore system images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Combinte backup and restore system images: I have been testing different backup programs, and periodically I manually created a system image using backup and restore. However, I did not always use the same external drive for these images. As a result, I have a WindowsImageBackup folder on two different drives. Is...
  9. How to restore system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore system image backup: Hi guys, i made a system image backup of the window 10 running on my toshiba laptop via control panel on a external harddrive. And i am trying to restore it by going to window recovery, then system image recovery in advanced options. But the problem i am facing it that when i...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restore system image detect

2. unable to load windowsimagebackup