Windows 10: Win10 System Tray

Discus and support Win10 System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The system tray disappeared from the taskbar. I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix. savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dan-f, Feb 22, 2020.

1. dan-f Win User

Win10 System Tray

The system tray disappeared from the taskbar.

I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix.

savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties look correct.

any hints? what am i missing?

:)

dan-f, Feb 22, 2020

2. Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Feb 22, 2020
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Win10 System Tray

System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Win10 System Tray

1. Win10 System Tray - Similar Threads - Win10 System Tray

2. System tray size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray size: Hi, I am struggling to reduce the size of the System Tray in windows 10. Currently, it looks like below screenshot.I would like to shrink the system tray and look like with small arrow to open additional icons.I have search so many articles, but no luck so far. Thanks in...
  3. System tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System tray not working: Hi all. Hope some of you can help. While windows was updating, I must have switched it off. Upon starting, the error 549981 appeared. Users here suggested reinstalling Cortana. The problem is not only my system tray is dead, but so are those on my my left. They are visible...
  4. System tray not appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray not appearing.: My system tray has not been appearing for a month or so. My taskbar where the system tray should be is empty. see image [ATTACH] When I check settings to show them, the options have been grayed out and I cannot change them. [ATTACH] I have tried regedit and looking for...
  5. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  6. Move system tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move system tray: Hi! So I have a cool new wallpaper and I want a minimal look in my home screen. I am using rocketdock for a MacOS dock effect for my apps but I have no use of the taskbar. I found a way to hide it completely, but I still want system tray to appear on the top right part of my...
  7. System tray

System tray: So not sure if it's widely known here, but I found out you can drag the system tray icons about to change the order. 140017
  8. system tray

system tray: the date and time have disappeared. I've tried everything but nothing works. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray/c2528115-5a76-4248-96e4-59575a562265
  9. System Tray issue

System Tray issue: Hello i have a problem with my system tray, there is one icon that is missing. When i resize my taskbar then it appears again, i looked under options an deactivated/activated system icons but there is always one icon that is missing. Can you help me to solve this problem....
  10. Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709: Not sure when it happened, but on SWMBO's laptop (identical to mine), if we click on the two small chevrons (>>) in the 'sys tray' (call me old-fashioned) it opens to show the entire contents of the desktop - all files/folders etc. This first came to light when the boss...