Windows 10: Win10 sysyprep and start menu

Discus and support Win10 sysyprep and start menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Microsoft has acknowledged the fact that sysprep breaks the start menu, cortana and search? 32281 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vs2015sv, Dec 1, 2015.

1. vs2015sv Win User

Win10 sysyprep and start menu

Does anyone know if Microsoft has acknowledged the fact that sysprep breaks the start menu, cortana and search?

:)

vs2015sv, Dec 1, 2015

2. win10 cannot open start menu and cortana menu, powershell went wrong.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to
      change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 1, 2015
  3. win10 cannot open start menu and cortana menu, powershell went wrong.

when i try to open powershell ,it says

Win10 sysyprep and start menu [​IMG]

In case of you guys cannot read this,let me show
    my pool English.

Em.. it says

windows powershell was stopped, with the exception:

"System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.InitialSessionState" type init value cause an exception.

My system totally got mess up, cant open picture and nothing happened when i right click the tasks on the taskbar.

And then i thought it maybe something goes wrong with the powershell, and i got some advices,such as:

run

dism/online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism/online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

But it went wrong again---with Error:1392 File or directory damaged and cant not read.

Help me,plz,i dont wanna die...

MarsolnLicher, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

The only scenario I have seen that the Sysprep does that is if you sysprep an existing Windows installation wich contains active user accounts. When sysprepped as it should be done, in Audit Mode prior to creating any user accounts, sysprep works as it should and does not cause Start and Search issues.

A workaround to be able to sysprep an existing Windows installation is to activate the built-in admin account and sign in to it signing out from all existing accounts, deactivate all user accounts except the built-in admin, then sysprep. After the sysprep in OOBE create a dummy admin account, sign in, activate the deactivated user accounts and you are ready to go.

The above workaround can be seen in action in this video about using Sysprep to relocate the Users folder on an existing Windows installation:

[youtube]OGNqR8lylzk[/youtube]

Video from the thread Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums.

Kari, Dec 1, 2015
  5. vs2015sv Win User
    Kari,

That is the exact scenario I am in. We create several users, make config changes and sysprep.

When it comes out of sysprep, the users would be all setup and we could install some software and be done (if additional software was needed).

Overall, we want to advoid having to activate and deactivate users and so on. This would require someone who knows what they are doing to go in and make these changes.

When you are in a environment where you need to get the computer's to end users (sometimes shipped right after imaging) they need to be ready to go (turn on, log into one of the several accounts and your good to go). This worked fine in xp-win8.1

Just hoping Windows fixes this.

vs2015sv, Dec 1, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    In that case you should do it all in Audit Mode prior to creating any users, and create users in the answer file. After the sysprep simply capture the image for deployment. In this way all user accounts will work without any whatsoever issues with Start and Search.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 sysyprep and start menu - Similar Threads - Win10 sysyprep start

2. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  3. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10: Just installed Win10 in a newly built computer and I can't rationalize my Start menu. Some items can't be moved into appropriate subject folders, and some bloatware items can't be deleted or even moved to a Bloatware folder where they can be ignored . Is there a way to take...
  4. Unable to sort and rationalize the Start Menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu: Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another...
  6. Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong

Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong: Has anyone reported the misspelled title in the Start Menu's Tile section; Web Browers? If not, thought you should know. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-start-menu-tile-title-wrong/6f630f1c-e5e2-4988-bc24-b1942ae933a3
  7. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  8. I'm done with the Win10 Start Menu + apps

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm done with the Win10 Start Menu + apps: Every couple weeks Windows 10 zaps my start menu and it'll open blank. I'll open the start menu, and all my personal folders, tiles, and the apps that were there moments before will be suddenly gone. After the first time this happened, I learned how to get the apps back...
  9. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...
  10. Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10: Hey guys. Lately Windows has started behaving really odd in the way it deals with pinning. It was fine when I first set up win10 but now it doesn't work properly. I want to see if I can resolve this as I really don't feel like wiping and installing everything again....