Windows 10: Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Discus and support Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abom, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Abom Win User

Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to.

similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions.

:)

2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 14, 2019
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Sep 14, 2019
  4. OzGaffer Win User

Can't copy from Win10 taskbar icon's recently used file list?

Just noticed that in Win10 I don't have the option to copy a file from a taskbar icon's most recently used list, whereas I could in Win7.

For Example, let's say you have Word pinned to the taskbar. I recently created a doc called HeyThere.doc. When I right click on the Word icon on the taskbar, I see HeyThere.doc in the most recently used file list for Word. In Win7, I could right click
    on HeyThere.doc and I'd have a "Copy" action available - in Windows 10 that is missing.

Is there something I need to do to enable this extremely helpful shortcut or will I have to take the extra steps of opening the folder, finding the file that needs to be copied, and then selecting it from there? Hopefully it's the former and not the later.

Thanks!

OzGaffer, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder - Similar Threads - Win10 Taskbar Expanding

2. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  3. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding: I honestly do not know what causes this issue but it's very annoying because whenever the taskbar "expands" or "compresses", my screen freezes for a bit causing me to misclick or miss a character when typing. "compressed" taskbar normal:"expanded" taskbar not normal together...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Randomly Expanding: I honestly do not know what causes this issue but it's very annoying because whenever the taskbar "expands" or "compresses", my screen freezes for a bit causing me to misclick or miss a character when typing. "compressed" taskbar normal:"expanded" taskbar not normal together...
  6. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  7. Is this possible without 3rd party apps? Taskbar folder of shortcuts that expands with...

Is this possible without 3rd party apps? Taskbar folder of shortcuts that expands with...: Is this possible without apps? Taskbar folder of shortcuts that expands with icons. Similar to Windows Toolbars. But instead of the double lines separator and having to click the little >> to expand a list of tiny icons. I want a single Icon with no arrows, on the Taskbar...
  8. Favorites Folder Not Expanding

Favorites Folder Not Expanding: [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand? 148255
  9. Taskbar expands and vibrates.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar expands and vibrates.: Using Windows 10 laptop When booting up after overnight power off, but also through the day the taskbar expands upward and vibrates. It occurs spontaneously and may last many minutes or hours. I tried but cannot add attachment which shows how it is transparent and pixilated...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. expanding of folders in taskbar link icon