Windows 10: Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

Discus and support Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all- I've fully maximized my usage of the taskbar, adding default program icons, etc. I'm wondering if there is any way for the end user to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KERATL, Jan 2, 2020.

1. KERATL Win User

Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

Hi all-

I've fully maximized my usage of the taskbar, adding default program icons, etc.

I'm wondering if there is any way for the end user to create something similar, not using the taskbar but a new toolbar, and load it with one or more icons?

For example, if I want to have a separate group for either a different suite of applications where I could only turn on that toolbar when I am doing app development, and it has the programs I use for app dev, or a separate group for developing multimedia learning material would have my multimedia tools, etc.

Basically, having additional taskbar-type toolbars would make it easier to show/hide the applications I need for a day or a week, rather than adding/removing them from the taskbar, or using the start menu pinned icons or a folder toolbar that contains a bunch of shortcuts to the .exe files ... just trying to make my workspace a little more clean and efficient

Thanks!

using Win10 x64

:)

KERATL, Jan 2, 2020

2. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

Wondering if this feature still exists in Windows10 and how to accomplish it.

Back in Win7, I could unlock the taskbar and make it wider. This allowed me to drop more icons into the taskbar and would allow me to have two rows of icons.

With Win10 I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. I follow the same steps, but it centers the icons in the middle of the wider task bar and then will run the icons down so you have to scroll to see the rest of them.

Any way I can set it up to act like it did in Win7?

jlindemann, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

There has been an issue with the Windows taskbar which drives me crazy. It has been a problem since Windows XP and the "skinning" of the underlying user interface controls. It still persists in Windows 10.

When using a Toolbar on the Taskbar and the icon size is set to "small", the clickable targets are smaller than the vertical height of the taskbar. No problem, right? Either make the taskbar icon set to "small" as well and the clickable target area matches.

But what if I like the large buttons to click on? Setting the Toolbar (not taskbar!) icons to Large causes the taskbar vertical height to increase. This is fine for the Toolbar, but the application icons in the Taskbar now have an unclickable space beneath
    them. See image below (not my image... found online when trying to find a solution to this.)

Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar? 6f777bb5-ca6a-4272-baa3-52616c5b675b.png

This doesn't happen in Windows 7 when using the "Windows Classic" scheme... so the problem must derive from the Aero skinning of the taskbar.

To recreate:

• Right click on the taskbar and Unlock it.
    • Ensure taskbar is set to "large icons" mode from Taskbar properties dialog box.
    • Right click an empty area of the taskbar and create a new Toolbar.
    • Right click on the label of the toolbar and choose View > Large Icons
    This wouldn't necessarily be an issue if the clickable region of the Application Icons was the full vertical height of the visible taskbar. It also wouldn't be an issue if the Toolbar "Large Icons" setting didn't have icons bigger than the Application Icons.

If there is a registry hack or other solution PLEASE let me know! I have had this problem with Toolbars since Windows XP, and the Toolbars are essential to my workflow.

Thanks!

spiffyfitz, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

1. Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar? - Similar Threads - Win10 Taskbar 'new

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  5. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  6. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?: [ATTACH] is there any way to set them as big as regular taskbar icons, or at least, to have them centered?what you are seeing in the gif is a shortcut (the lil hammer next to IT) present in the folder i have choosen, it is the only item in the folder, but if i add another...
  7. Taskbar toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  8. Create new taskbar toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new taskbar toolbar: I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new...
  9. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...