Windows 10: Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

Discus and support Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey gang - sorry if this has been posted before I had a quick search and couldn't find anything. Have just done a Win10 update I'd been putting off for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crzylgs, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

Hey gang - sorry if this has been posted before I had a quick search and couldn't find anything. Have just done a Win10 update I'd been putting off for a while and now the bottom taskbar looks obnoxious. Rather than the nice transparent theme its kind of just glowing green/blues. Which looks really jarring against my nice high res desktop backgrounds.

Also after some quick Googling all I find is to check Personalisation > Colours > Transparency Themes 'On'. I've checked this and restarted and no difference.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance - its so frustrating being when annoying little changes like this are forced on you :/

submitted by /u/crzylgs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crzylgs, Oct 10, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar clock turned black after Windows update

Hello Katie, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Please, perform the steps below:

Go to Settings - Personalization - Taskbar

Turn off the ‘Use small taskbar buttons’

The White font should show up

If the issue persists, I suggest doing the next set of steps:

Go to Settings - Personalization - Theme - Theme Settings

Select and set a theme

The reason for this set of steps is that we can change the desktop theme to change the taskbar color but we cannot change the taskbar color.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

1. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update? - Similar Threads - Win10 Taskbar Theme

2. Taskbar Look

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Look: I re installed windows 11 and now the taskbar is on the middle and it is color white. I dont want it. I want it on the center and black. I dont know how to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-look/775bf116-3cdb-47b8-bef6-22bb4eb42aa9
  3. Taskbar Look

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Look: I re installed windows 11 and now the taskbar is on the middle and it is color white. I dont want it. I want it on the center and black. I dont know how to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-look/775bf116-3cdb-47b8-bef6-22bb4eb42aa9
  4. New Taskbar item after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Taskbar item after Win10 update: After a Windows 10 update recently I've noticed a new weather item on my taskbarIs there some way to remove it? I've tried right-clicking and I tried to find it in Task Manager etc but I can't find any way to turn it off :-...
  5. Windows looks different after huge win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows looks different after huge win10 update: Win10 suddenly restarted without asking for my permission today (i thought i had disabled that, it must have been re-enabled by a sneaky windows update). it looked like a huge update, instead of simply restarting once, i got a screen saying that windows would restart multiple...
  6. Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?

Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?: I hate when I click an icon in Control Panel and see those unsightly hideous windows, which are all that shows after I made the mistake to upgrade build H20 or something just today. Is there a way to disable these ugly windows I attached a picture with the ugly windows, the...
  7. Taskbar Aero Theme?

Taskbar Aero Theme?: I know there are tools like Windows Aero and OldNewExplorer but none of them had an option to have a Win7 styled Glassy Aero theme. I am thinking of buying WindowsBlinds along with this: Aero7X Reset for Windowblinds 10 by NewInfinitePro on DeviantArt but I am wondering if...
  8. Win10 Dynamic Theme question

Win10 Dynamic Theme question: ProductID: Dynamic theme, Version: 1.4.30225 ---------- I'm running win10 Home version 1903 on both my PC and my Laptop. I have Dynamic theme setup identically on both PC and Laptop. Dynamic theme is set to use Windows Spotlight as Background, and Bing as Lock Screen. When I...
  9. Win10 Theme

Win10 Theme: What the h-e-double hocky sticks, Microsoft?? Why do you INSIST on mucking up the display? Has no one in your ENTIRE CORPORATION heard of CONTINUITY?? BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY?? What is wrong with you people? I don't give a rat's shiny derriere about artsy-fartsy hipster...
  10. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not: Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the...