Windows 10: Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable

Discus and support Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The TEMP folder on my PC laptop cannot be opened because it is "corrupted." Is it OK to (1) rename that folder to TEMPDELETE, (2) create a fresh TEMP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tpfenton, Sep 24, 2019.

1. tpfenton Win User

Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable

The TEMP folder on my PC laptop cannot be opened because it is "corrupted." Is it OK to (1) rename that folder to TEMPDELETE, (2) create a fresh TEMP folder, and then (3) delete TEMPDELETE?

I've read how to create a batch file to automatically clear out the TEMP folder on Startup, and I'll do that once I've dealt with the corrupted folder.

Thanks.

:)

tpfenton, Sep 24, 2019
  2. tpfenton Win User

The TEMP folder on my PC laptop cannot be opened because it is "corrupted." Is it OK to (1) rename that folder to TEMPDELETE, (2) create a fresh TEMP folder, and then (3) delete TEMPDELETE?

I've read how to create a batch file to automatically clear out the TEMP folder on Startup, and I'll do that once I've dealt with the corrupted folder.

Thanks.

tpfenton, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. If it's corrupted first thing is run a full disk check as there may be other files corrupted and it may fix it. Then you could try emptying it if that fails you could then try renaming it. Running a batch file may not be straight forward as temp is often in use by many programs. There is a bomb proof tool called uncleaner which will do the job safely and can clear at start

Samuria, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 TEMP folder is corrupted and clogged and unusable - Similar Threads - Win10 TEMP folder

2. My users folder is clogged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My users folder is clogged: So for a year my users folder has been clogged, at first I didn't think much of it, now I think something is off. They are mostly named defaultuser.X or something like thatI put a checkmark beside the accounts I recognise. My computers name is "ANTHGODZ"I am confused why so...
  3. My users folder is clogged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My users folder is clogged: So for a year my users folder has been clogged, at first I didn't think much of it, now I think something is off. They are mostly named defaultuser.X or something like thatI put a checkmark beside the accounts I recognise. My computers name is "ANTHGODZ"I am confused why so...
  4. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  5. 20+gb temp folder win10

20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  6. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Win10 Unusable Resolution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Unusable Resolution.: Earlier this year I bought and installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and, up until 8/13/20, the computer had been running fine at a resolution of 1920 x 1080. On 8/12/20, windows forced and update on the OS. The next morning I turned my PC on and it finished installing...
  8. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  9. My Temp folder keeps clogging with files until I have no space left.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Temp folder keeps clogging with files until I have no space left.: For the last two days my temp folder has been filling up with temporary files. I tried updating windows and some procedure about fixing the app store. I tried cleandisk, and I deleted the files. But as soon as the 70 GB of files were deleted a new folder was created and the...
  10. Temp folder %temp %

Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679