Windows 10: Win10: The system is entering connected standby

Discus and support Win10: The system is entering connected standby in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I leave my laptop locked for like 10 minutes, when I get back, all network connections are gone except for my Cisco VPN. Cisco VPN stays up. Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pengmalups, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Win10: The system is entering connected standby

If I leave my laptop locked for like 10 minutes, when I get back, all network connections are gone except for my Cisco VPN. Cisco VPN stays up. Outlook and all other chat apps are disconnected. It will take a while to recover, maybe a minute before I can use it. I really cannot find any settings with regards to connected standby. I have not change anything for the past couple of days as I am too busy with work but this just happened. Any idea?

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Idle Timeout.

Edit: I am using Lenovo X1

submitted by /u/pengmalups
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pengmalups, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Arctucas Win User

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Maledict Win User
    modern standby problems entering to sleep

Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build.

I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping.

But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to event viewer i see events:

Event 506: The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Power Button.

Event 507: The system is exiting connected standby

Reason: Lid.

Event 506: The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Lid.

Event 507: The system is exiting connected standby

Reason: Input Keyboard.

Interesting thing, event shows that was keyboard input, but how this could happen if the lid was closed, and i was closing it gently.

And i can not disable modern standby, cause it is a new "feature", so hibernate is the only choice ????

Maledict, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Win10: The system is entering connected standby

Is there any OS function that let us check system is going to enter modern standby?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 Modern Standby (Modern Standby) expands the Windows 8.1 Connected Standby power model. Connected Standby, and consequently Modern Standby, enable an instant on / instant off user experience, similar to smartphone power models. Just like
    the phone, the S0 low power idle model enables the system to stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available.

We would suggest you to refer these articles for additional information:

What is Modern Standby?

Prepare software for modern standby

Modern standby SleepStudy

However, as you are into software development. Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    MSDN forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on Modern Standby to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Win10: The system is entering connected standby

1. Win10: The system is entering connected standby - Similar Threads - Win10 system entering

2. The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.: Hello,what means "The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed."Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-entering-connected-standby-reason/3868560c-eb70-49e0-b9c9-eb7329c42aab
  3. The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50.

The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50.: Hello,what means "The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50."?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-exiting-connected-standby-reason-50/d5cc285a-b3e5-4e24-9d33-f361017214ab
  4. The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.: Hello,what means "The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed."Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-entering-connected-standby-reason/3868560c-eb70-49e0-b9c9-eb7329c42aab
  5. The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50.: Hello,what means "The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50."?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-is-exiting-connected-standby-reason-50/d5cc285a-b3e5-4e24-9d33-f361017214ab
  6. The system is entering connected standby - Reason: AC/DC Display Burst Suppressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The system is exiting connected standby - Reason: 50.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. modern standby problems entering to sleep

modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  9. Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ? reboot

Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ? reboot: Hi I would like to revive these two threads: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-processes-suspended-when-display-goes-off/233c8fed-836f-46da-b92f-51530b340d28?tm=1551434342298...
  10. Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ?

Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ?: I have a freshly installed workstation and have changed the power setting to sleep=never while plugged in. Yet, after some time, the system goes to 'connected standby'. In the event log, I see: 'The system is entering connected standby Reason: Idle Timeout.' Is there a...